[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Oversaes Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Shanahan Engineering is seeking for Lead Steam Turbine Engineers with Westinghouse steam turbine experience, nuclear or conventional.
Location: USA & Canada.
Estimated start date: between February and March 2020.
Estimated duration: 4 months.
Flights and per diem will be provide.
- Supervision of mechanical maintenance crews ranging in size from 1 to 30 persons disassembling, inspecting, repairing, and reassembling large steam/gas turbine generators.
- Leads job site safety programs and performs complex site surveys to develop maintenance plans.
- Completes and submits detailed reports covering all job activity.
- May be required to complete the planning and estimating of resources and durations required for specific scopes of work for customer proposals.
- Performs the review of complex task plans, drawings, and installation schematics and provides continual mentorship throughout task duration.
We look for the following Education to be successful in this role:
- Completed Bachelorís Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology or;
- Associate of Science Degree with an accumulation of 4 years of equivalent experience or;
- Non-degreed individuals who can demonstrate a minimum of 8 years equivalent experience.
Preferred Knowledge Skills and Experience
You will move to the top of the pack if you have:
- Experience in the general maintenance of large gas turbines, steam turbines, generators and associated equipment.
- Experience leading safety programs, performing maintenance on large turbine generators or in a similar industrial environment with risks and hazards that require the use of practices and procedures intended to keep personnel safe and maintain a safe work environment. This includes but is not limited to use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and pre job briefs or risk assessments.
- Experience working with union labor.
- Experience working to and updating complex schedules. Familiarity with related software such as Primavera and/or Microsoft Project.
∑ Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Applicants for this position should expect to work away from their home location for durations that Individual assignments are typically 2 to 10 weeks in duration. When on assignment, working schedules are typically 10-12 hours per day, 6-7 days per week, day or night shift.
At Shanahan Engineering, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our companyís success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customersí experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed.
Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we would like to meet you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.