Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 99501
The Materials Planner is responsible for running and maintaining efficient and successful inventory management while maintaining the integrity of the physical inventory by location. This is a contract role based in Anchorage, AK. Must possess excellent interpersonal, leadership, and verbal and written communication skills and be excellent at prioritizing and finishing competing duties and projects.
- Build Bills of Materials (BOMís OR Product Structures), will maintain existing BOMís in SAP.
- Build and maintain Material Masters (descriptions, part numbers, unit of measure, etc.) in SAP.
- Receive and process electronic, paper, and verbal work requests.
- Perform on-site equipment walk-downs to build BOMs and verify their accuracy.
- Communicate with operations and maintenance personnel to keep BOMs updated.
- Gather parts lists and drawings from suppliers on old and new equipment.
- Report monthly progress of BOM completion and the remaining work load.
- Train BOM specialists as necessary.
- Responsible for year-end physical inventory counts as well as daily/weekly/monthly cycle counts.
- Develops and maintain procedures to identify Min/Max reorder quantities.
- Develops and maintains process to identify time sensitive items and ensure availability.
- Develops process for automatic re-stock of high use items.
- Maintains records/spreadsheets for repairs and plan for future requirements based on orders, production schedules and forecasts.
- Implements auditing process for accuracy of data entry and cost. Oversees timelines of reports and data entry for purchasing, receiving, shipping, repairs.
- Provides more technical/functional support than administrative support.
- Must have at least 15 years of materials management / planning experience.
- Required to have at least a high school diploma, but preferred that candidates will have a Bachelorís Degree in mechanical or electrical disciplines.
- Extensive experience in the PM and MM modules of SAP is preferred.
- Experience building and maintaining Material Masters and BOMs in SAP is preferred.
- Being able to read and understand engineering and equipment drawings is preferred.
- Familiar with oilfield production equipment (mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, valves, etc.).
- Competent in using the Microsoft Windows operating system.
34 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.