Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
Location- Charlotte, NC
Duration- 12 months
This Full-Time position requires working at the client
The purpose of the Gas Major Projects Health & Safety Specialist II is to act as the field representative, assessing the implementation of safety requirements on project sites and acting as a resource to PNG personnel to determine safe work practices.
DUTIES: Include the following:
1) Inspects equipment, tools, personnel protective equipment, engineered safeguards, implementation of administrative controls and working conditions to ensure safety of workers engaged in construction of natural gas pipelines, stations and facilities.
2) Observes crews at work and identifies unsafe work practices and lack of compliance with regulations, procedures and guidelines at project sites.
3) Examines excavations and trenches to verify compliance with regulations, procedures and guidelines.
4) Verifies hazardous material is properly stored and handled.
5) Notifies PNG and contractor supervision if unsafe practices are observed, stops work if appropriate.
6) Conducts detailed safety audits, including timely report preparation, as directed by PNG.
7) Instructs PNG employees and contractor workers in use of safety equipment and safe work methods.
8) Conducts or assists with safety training.
9) Educates contractor workers about PNG safety policy and procedures.
10) Prepares or assists in the preparation of safety reports and notifications. 11) Investigates near misses and accidents to determine causes and devises preventive measures. 12) Evaluates contractor compliance with near miss and incident reporting requirements.
13) Evaluates effectiveness of contractor safety training.
14) Evaluates effectiveness of contractor safety programs.
5 plus years discipline experience.
102 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.