Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Big Spring
Country: United States
This position will be located in Big Spring, TX and per diem will be offered 7 days a week.
Long term assignment- at least 1 year long.
MUST have 7+ years experience with Material Managing in a refinery or chemical setting.
Must have 5+ years SAP experience.
MUST have valid TWIC card.
Responsible for the coordination of activities relating to the management of material and associated documentation for the Material Management Department. Position will have a broad range of responsibilities within the Materials Management team.
Job Responsibilities included but not limited to:
· Represents material management to plan and coordinate project tasks
· Applies knowledge of material management practices and principles in work assignments.
· Plans and coordinates materials management of bulk and engineered equipment, systems, and construction materials in support of project operations within established Material Management Plans, policies, and procedures.
· Coordinates material routes and shipments in accordance with procedures and criteria of the applicable project.
· Provides expediting status reports and coordinates activities of expeditors.
· Coordinates fabrication management of materials and equipment.
· Practices leadership and decision-making skills.
· Applies knowledge of layout and material-handling procedures.
· Studies receiving or shipping notices and reports schedule inadequacies.
· May confer with supervisors of other departments to coordinate flow of materials.
· Advises Project Materials Management of developments that may substantially affect project profit, costs, schedules, technical content, client relations, interdepartmental, and inter divisional relations.
· Has in-depth knowledge of work processes and tools within own area.
· Possesses the necessary knowledge, skill, and abilities to be able to perform the roles and responsibilities proficiently.
· Uses operational and supervisory expertise to solve problems within own area.
· Interprets customer needs and assesses requirements.
· Works within budget to meet operational objectives set by manager. Resolves routine problems using defined processes and own experience.
· Attain good interpersonal and communication skills
· Good computer literacy and skills
· Experience with large petrochemical projects.
89 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.