Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: North East Traveling
Country: United States
Our EPC client is looking for a Materials Manager to be based out of Akron, Ohio required to travel to various domestic locations to support Customer Projects.
The Materials Manager will be working in a Program Manager Role for Transmission Line upgrades and be responsible for managing the receiving, inspection, storage and transfer of all Clients procured materials and equipment to subcontractors at the various project sites including Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and West Virginia. The Materials Manager may also direct the work of the Field Materials Coordinator, provide guidance, mentorship and facilitate their development.
Analyze and present the material status reports to validate and verify all shipments are delivered on schedule. Advise the Procurement team of any developments that may impact the project cost, schedule and client relationship. Coordinate delivery schedules and timing between the job site and procurement.
Direct and oversee the receiving process for all incoming shipments of materials and equipment. Implement, oversee and administer all project materials reporting processes and procedures including Material Receiving Reports (MRR) and Over, Short and Damaged reports (OS&D) and distribute to the designated project and/or client personnel.
Perform inspections of all materials delivered to the project site. Develop site logistics plans, maintain and oversee all project site warehouse facilities, maintain and oversee all project laydown yards. Oversee the storage and maintenance of all materials and equipment as required by the specific project contract. Oversee the transfer of custody of materials and equipment to the designated subcontractors at the project site.
Assist Quality Assurance/Quality Control manager with preventive maintenance and associated recordkeeping of all material and equipment in storage.
This position could be located anywhere within Customers footprint.
· Bachelor's degree in a construction related field. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
· A minimum of 10 years direct materials management experience. Transmission Line or T&D experience a PLUS!
· OSHA-30, Required or will need to be certified once on-site. Basic Safety Operations required.
· Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office and well versed in Excel data entry and spreadsheets.
· Experience with Primavera scheduling reports and other material/submittal tracker reports.
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
· Travel required to various project sites and a company vehicle will be provided. Clean driving record REQUIRED.
· Must be team oriented with good management skills and the ability to be self-motivated with little or no supervision.
90 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.