Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
This position typically is seasonal, performed at remote facilities throughout the US & abroad. Performance standards and expectations of this position are much higher than other industries, to meet standardized requirements.
1. Joins, fabricates, and repairs metal and other weldable material by applying appropriate welding techniques
2. Interprets blueprints, specifications, diagrams or schematics to perform welding processes
3. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
4. May lead and direct the work of others, including the Welder Apprentice.
5. Performs a variety of welding, mechanical and machining projects and assignments, following established procedures.
1. Understand and practice the appropriate Industrial Health & Safety procedures applicable to each work assignment.
2. Develop an awareness and importance of meeting both the company and customer specific requirements.
3. Complete basic and indoctrination training on all equipment, machines, and procedures required in the Welder certification criteria.
4. Develop an awareness of the importance in maintaining a very high level of quality, professionalism, and attention to detail during the fabrication, maintenance, and repair of equipment/components.
5. Disassemble, clean, inspect, repair, and weld, a variety of mechanical and hydraulic equipment. Exercise skill and proficiently in the use of basic hand tools, power tools, and basic equipment.
6. Via training or demonstration of existing skills, operate machine tools, test equipment, welding equipment, and measuring devices in the fabrication, repair, calibration, and maintenance of tools and equipment to the level of proficiency required in the Welder by ASME Sec IX and/or customer requirements.
7. Demonstrates the skills to weld specialty alloys, including carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminum, 1¼ chrome, 2¼ chrome, 9 chrome, Inconel, etc. including but not limited to welding on Turbine casings & Ductwork.
8. Read and interpret mechanical drawings and blueprints. Record data in required form.
9. Demonstrate good house-keeping practices in work areas.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
1. Academic or vocational high school graduate or the recognized equivalent desired.
2. Must be able to read and write English.
1. Minimum of 3 years experience or demonstrated ability to perform duties as described.
2. Must pass ASME Sec IX code requirements and have knowledge of thermal cutting.
3. Demonstrate the use of portable welding equipment: SMAW, GMAW, GTAW and FCAW including layout and fabrication as a minimum.
9 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.