Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Our Client is seeking 5 Health & Safety Specialists III for the East Bend Generating Station in Union, KY. These positions are night shift only.
ASSIGNMENT LENGTH: Approx. 4 MONTHS
Responsible for basic technical work in a wide range of health and safety disciplines to achieve compliance with the organization’s H&S standards and with federal, state and local regulatory requirements. Works under general supervision. Monitors and prevents H&S incidents and hazards. Recommends improvements in basic processes, design, procedures, and operating equipment, to minimize the hazard potential. Maintains current knowledge of specific requirements imposed by governmental agencies. May provide technical guidance to less experienced personnel working on environmental, health or safety programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist work teams and vendors in resolving concerns and compliance deficiencies.
2. Know the respective H&S contractual requirements to ensure full understanding of expectations.
3. Provide and ensure a safe work environment is maintained through the identification and correction of H&S-related hazards and risks.
4. Perform daily / routine field observations to identify unsafe conditions and unsafe actions, and environmental issues.
5. Interface with site Health & Safety professionals to integrate and discuss H&S issues and resolve related questions.
6. Interface with vendor safety representatives, site H&S professionals and contract manager(s) to correct deficiencies and resolve issues.
7. Attend and participate in outage meetings and Safety/Environmental Steering Team (SEST) meetings, Pre-Job Briefings and any other meetings required by the Outage/ Project manager to communicate concerns and trends, as directed.
8. Perform incident trend analysis and develop safety/health improvement initiatives.
9. Administer and facilitate enforcement of safety initiatives. 10. Ensure communication delivery to outage work teams by following up with the outage/ project manager and appropriate personnel.
11. Site safety inspections shall also include observations for environmental issues such as container labeling/control, potential refueling spills, hazardous materials, etc.
12. Note: if unsure of an environmental issue, contact the site environmental coordinator who will investigate the environmental issue(s).
13. Provide input to the overall outage facilities plan in the areas of H&S and Housekeeping.
14. Provide routine updates of H&S issues to the site H&S contacts and copy the Outage / Project Manager. 15. Participate in incident investigations as necessary.
16. Assist with or provide training to contractors as needed for various health and safety topics including site orientation.
17. is to assist with improving outage/ project safety/ health, and help provide a safe work environment for all employees, both Client and contractor.
18. Primarily monitor safety/ health in all phases of project/ outage activities, including turbine, generator, Pressure Piping Inspection Program, transformer, boiler, and station specific projects. 19. Communicate with all project/ outage employees, both Client and contractor, regarding job safety/ health and where applicable, environmental compliance.
20. Notify appropriate project lead personnel to facilitate correction of any deficiencies in a timely manner.
21. Report all findings to the respective contracting firm management, site H&S/ EHS contacts , and copy the Outage/ Project manager.
22. Have a working knowledge of environmental requirements to identify non-compliance issues. 23. Report H&S contractor incidents to Outage/ Project Manager, and site H&S/ EHS contacts.
24. Immediately notify the Outage/ Project Manager, and site H&S/ EHS contacts of incidents of potential asbestos, or lead-containing materials encountered by employees, both Client and contractors.
25. Maintain a log of identified H&S/ EHS issues and resolutions.
26. Document observed unsafe behavior or conditions (and safe behavior).
This is the required personal protective equipment for the job: • Hard hat • ANSI-approved safety glasses, with side shields • ANSI-approved protective footwear (should be boots with a 3/4 upper or shaft and can be steel or composite toes) • Hearing protection (Client-provided) • Fall-arrest equipment (Client-provided) • Reflective vests (Client-provided for some stations/ work) • General work gloves
-CHST, degree in Health and Safety, and more than 5 years experience in H&S.
**Previous Power Plant experience
184 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.