Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
PMQS is currently looking for an Electrical I&C Designer to work with one of our clients on a large power project in Tampa, FL.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
· Assist in the development of new project work through client interaction and ongoing site activities
· Design of electrical systems including power distribution, cabling and raceways, PLC and DCS Network communications and equipment control designs for heavy industrial facilities
· Provides I & C deliverables using ISA based standards including I/) instrument lists and DCS/PLC Network interconnections, loops and schematics
· Develop construction quantities, estimate construction costs and utilize estimating software to create project cost reports
· Lead field investigations and support job site construction activities for related projects
· Conduct and coordinate detailed design work and provide project guidance to junior drafting staff
· Coordinating with engineering staff, local and remote
Experience and Education:
This is a dynamic, "hands-on" role for a person who can excel in a team-oriented, client-driven environment. Candidates should be self-motivated individuals with 5+ years of experience. The individual will be expected to work independently on electrical and instrument designs as an integrated member of an interdisciplinary design team on small to large projects, providing technical expertise to the Project Engineer.
Other qualifications include:
· Associate’s degree from a technical college including CAD skills
· Knowledge of electrical and instrumentation systems and equipment related to the power industry
· Experience with power plant systems/designs including DCS, PLC, Medium and Low Voltage Controls
· Ability to develop electrical power plans, cable tray routing, wiring diagrams and interconnections while adhering to heavy industrial practices and standards
· Competent in understanding and producing Instrument and Controls documentation
· Capable of managing task assignments, scope, schedule and business
· A working knowledge of Microsoft Office and AutoCAD 2D & 3D or newer programs
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a strong attention to detail
· Ability to work closely with Project Managers, adhere to budget guidelines, schedules and client specifications in the course of design development
147 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.