Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
System One is currently seeking an Owners Engineer on a 12 month contract position located in Allentown, PA
Owners Engineer Responsibilities:
- Leads the individuals required to administer, monitor, manage, and execute the contractor substation engineering resources and activities associated with projects.
- Acts as the substation asset owner for projects.
- Responsible for coordinating information between other functional groups and design firms.
- Responsible for developing a decision evaluation matrix when evaluating items which affects scope, budget, and cost.
- Participates in the evaluation of substation engineering bid proposals and helps determine the successful engineering firm.
- Provides the necessary technical expertise and oversight to the engineering contractor and other required groups, to ensure deliverables meet design expectations.
- Works closely with Project Management and Construction Management to ensure engineering provides a safe, cost effective constructible design which meets all deliverables.
- Accountable for addressing entire engineering scope.
- Responsible for the application of organizational policies.
- Elevates and reinforces a strong safety culture within the work group, through daily leadership, communication and behaviors.
- Act as the engineering lead for the project on company’s behalf.
- Coordinating resources and schedules to meet established deadlines.
- Guide the engineering process through established workflows and checkpoints.
- Ensure the design appropriately utilizes established specifications.
- The construction meets engineering scope and criteria.
- Maintaining 2 week look ahead on construction and engineering needs.
- Providing weekly construction status reports.
- Verify that construction meets the design criteria for the project.
- Interacting with construction inspectors.
- Addressing any engineering challenges which occur during construction
Owners Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
Work with manufactures to determine products or materials needed for each project.
- Develop standards based off new materials.
- Record and document standards and catalogue units in records.
- The Scope of Work is reviewed for accuracy and completeness.
- All necessary and defined deliverables are in-hand.
- The applicable specifications to be utilized on the project are identified.
- Review the site for design and constructability obstacle/issues.
- Identify potential access and associated environmental/permitting issues.
- Identify any additional field survey that may be required to complete the design.
- Define the access and locates where any necessary soil borings shall take place.
- Define any open right-of-way issues and/or applicable design restrictions.
- Any issues that need to be resolved or require special attention are identified.
- All design parameters were identified and met.
- All permitting requirements are identified and being cared for.
- Is consistent with industry standard criteria.
- Has completed all the steps in the design process.
- The position may be both office based and field based when required.
Duration: 12 months
Location: Allentown, PA
145 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.