This position will support multiple designer department functions and engineering projects as an Electrical and Instrument Designer for a variety of different tasks, providing assistance in the design of Process Automation Systems (PAS) and related equipment. Primary role is to work jointly with engineering teams and vendors to complete product designs across all phases of development using AutoCAD software and related productivity tools. Plan and conduct independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Conform to and help maintain Control Southern drawing/design standards across projects and coordinate with other company/contractor drawing resources. Devise new approaches to problems, and prepare or modify drawings and specifications.
PRINCIPAL AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
The ability to interpret technical documents, requirements and design specifications with aggressive attention to detail.
Ability to read, understand, and generate the following types of industry-standard engineering drawings:
- System/Network Architecture for Industrial Control Systems
- Electrical Power Wiring Diagrams, including AC (120V) and DC power distribution
- Grounding Wiring
- Control Panel Layout and related Bill of Materials
- Terminal Block Layout
- Installation Details (control panel assembly)
- Fabrication Details (sheet metal parts and components)
- Loop Sheets (per ISA S5.2)
- PLC/DCS I/O Termination
- Motor Control Schematics
- Cable Block Diagrams
- SAMA Control Strategy Diagram
Ability to compile, organize, and maintain supporting documentation obtained from OEM suppliers, external customer representatives, component suppliers, and internal team members.
Experience with and/or working knowledge of the following standards organizations: ANSI, NEC/NFPA, ASME, ISA, IEEE, IEC, NEMA, SAMA, ISO.
Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of ISA S5.1 (Symbols); S5.4 (Loop Sheets); IEC Style (European) and JIC Style Wiring Diagrams; UL508A (Industrial Control Panels); and general NEC/NFPA guidelines regarding electrical cables, conductors, and components.
Understanding of NEC/NFPA area classifications as they relate to hazardous areas and components used therein (intrinsically safe, explosion proof, etc.)
Performs hands-on design and preparation of drawings using AutoCAD software as needed. Proven experience with recent (last 5 yrs) release of AutoCAD while generating electrical drawings described previously.
Assumes role of technical resource to construction, client site engineering management, and design team.
Participates in project-related communications and design coordination with construction, fabrication shop, client site engineering management, client operations, and design team.
Participates in quality reviews of E&I design packages prepared by others.
Technical writing proficiency and skills with Microsoft Office products.
Assist in the development of technical drawing templates, standards, and time-saving programmatic methods.
Mentor junior designers/drafters/interns and train them on productivity tools and procedures
Assists in and leads hardware Factory Acceptance Tests at panel fabrication facility.
Generates FAT Test Reports
Help increase the Company’s offerings around E&I Engineering that allows the Engineering scope on project pursuits.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to Engineering, Design or equivalent work experience.
· 10+ years’ experience in the instrumentation/ process control industry
· Experience specifying, sizing, and selecting Process Instrumentation (transmitters, valves, switches/lights, etc.)
· Experience specifying, sizing, and selecting Motor Control Centers and Power Distribution systems
· Experience reviewing, editing, and issuing complete electrical design packages that include Electrical Cabinet Layout, Cabinet Power Distribution, Motor Elementary, Instrument Loop Sheets, Single Line, and P&IDs
· Experience with PLC and DCS system hardware, including, but not limited to, Emerson DeltaV and Rockwell Control Logix
· Understanding of relay logic ckts, motor control circuits, and basic control logic
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer relation skills are a must.
· Microsoft Office proficiency is a must. A proven proficiency in Excel, Access, and Visio is a plus.
· Proficiency with AutoCAD is a must. A proven ability to automate drafting/design tasks programmatically is a plus.
· Working knowledge of basic electrical test equipment and tools is required.
· Control System start-up/commissioning experience a plus.
· DCS Configuration a plus
· PLC programming a plus
About Control Southern:
Integrity means doing the right thing at all times, whether or not anyone is watching. Building a reputation of integrity takes years, but it takes only a moment to lose. Does it mean you have to be perfect? No, but it does mean being honest and owning up to your mistakes.
At Control Southern, we believe that if you live with integrity, success will follow.
Control Southern helps manufacturing plants in the Southeast run better, faster and smarter through automation and customized valve solutions. We offer on-site consultation, engineering services, top-notch products and business experience.
Control Southerns success is due to its exceptional people. Our skills and passion for our work are the keys to our strong business results. Our commitment to a culture of integrity, a drive to excel in engineering, a dedication to customer service, and a thirst to innovative in management is what drives our continued and sustainable growth.
We take pride in our Company and the quality of work we produce. That's what sets us apart from our competitors, and allows us to earn and keep the trust of our customers.
Control Southern is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to maintaining a drug free workplace.
Company website: http://www.controlsouthern.com
63 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.