Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Various USA Traveling Field Service
Country: United States
FieldCore, a GE company, (https://www.fieldcore.com/ ) is a new, independent industrial field services company that will deliver the highest standard of field services excellence and capabilities for GE and its customers. FieldCore will bring together the field services expertise and people from both Granite Services and GE’s Power Services into one powerhouse. Driven by the values of safety, quality, and integrity, FieldCore will be built to deliver operational excellence for customers in the power generation, oil & gas, nuclear, and wind power markets.
We are offer exciting career opportunities for Field Service positions for Journeyman Turbine Mechanics, Turbine Millwrights, and Heavy Lift Millwrights. Field Service employees enjoy flexible and consistent work assignments; career progression, reward and recognition are central to our culture. We develop people with classroom and on-the-job training, and through challenging work assignments that have long-lasting impact in the world and on our employee’s careers.
We have established this recruiting pool as a way for qualified and experienced Turbine Millwrights / Turbine Mechanics applicants to apply for consideration. We will be contacting and scheduling interviews for qualified candidates over the next 30 days.
The primary responsibility of the Turbine Mechanic, Steam or Gas, is to safely accomplish the installation, maintenance and repair of the heavy rotating machinery used mainly in power generation applications, Turbines and Generators. Turbine Mechanics work closely with Craft Labor Supervisors, EHS personnel, and the Operations Department to achieve these goals.
These positions are for work in the US and are for Legally authorized to work in the US candidates. You must be able to pass a drug test and background check. Some of the physical requirements of this position are traveling / field service job that requires you to be able to be away from home for extended periods of time, the ability to lift safely a minimum of 50 pounds, perform physical work-related activities, and wear personal safety protection equipment (PPE). Employees must be prepared to work in different shifts, as required, to safely complete the assignment.
• Must have some experience with industrial equipment that involves heavy lifting / rigging, maintaining, dismantling, and installing machinery and industrial mechanical service equipment, including ventilating and heating systems, building repairs, and Turbines. Industrial Turbine and industrial power generating equipment and industrial machinery are a big plus.
• Must have experience aligning above equipment or heavy experience with dial indicators/calipers using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs.
Responsibilities will include:
• Ability to identify all parts of the (steam and/or gas) path; lube oil system, seal oil system and hydraulic system of a steam and/or gas turbine and/or generator
• A minimum of two years of prior steam/gas turbine experience
• Provide/possess minimum tools for a Journeyman, and be able to use them safely.
• Align machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, lasers, and plumb bobs
• Ability to work unsupervised on any part of a turbine (gas or steam) and on generators.
• Ability to read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
• Experience dismantling machinery or equipment
• Should have experience with repair and or rebuild of large industrial equipment or turbines
• Ability to move machinery and equipment
• Assemble and install equipment
“An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets”.
100 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.