Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: North Slope
Country: United States
This position reports directly to the equipment foreman. The heavy equipment operator, operates all equipment on the job site including, but not limited to motor graders, dozers, tractor-trailers, front-end loaders, and snow blowers. The heavy equipment operator must pass the written and practical examination for and safely operate a tractor-trailer, front-end loader, dozer, and snow blower. Operator is responsible for performing daily walk-around inspection of tractor-trailer, load inspections, and properly securing equipment weighing up to 125,000 pounds. Must be able to interpret load charts and determine load capacities for different tractor-trailer configurations. Inspect all load-securing devices. Must know how to apply AES O&M Cold Weather Operating Procedures. Other duties will be assigned to the Equipment Operator as business needs require, including occasional roustabout duties.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
• Review job specifications to determine equipment requirements for assigned work.
• Operate heavy equipment such as bulldozers, front end loaders, graders, dozers, snow blowers, dump trucks, maxihauls and other heavy equipment to haul, load and unload materials, move snow, move soil, gravel, construction supplies, and other materials.
• Monitor equipment operation and identify malfunctions.
• Inspect equipment.
• Clean, store, and maintain equipment as required.
• Comply with Company and customer policies and procedures.
• Support AES zero-incident safety culture and assume personal accountability and responsibility for safe work practices in all projects, activities, and operations.
Minimum Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED with a minimum of three years related experience. Experience in the oil and gas industry and in the arctic environment preferred.
Must have five or more combined years of experience operating three or more of the following pieces of equipment:
• Excavators, backhoes
• Front-end loaders, buckets, forks and clip-on snow blowers
Current DOT Medical Card and a Class A CDL with Doubles / Triples, Tanker Endorsements required. Driving record must meet Company requirements. North Slope Training Cooperative certification is required.
18 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.