[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 493340
Posted By: FieldCore, A GE Company
Posted On: 2018-12-16 00:04:01
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link: Apply To This Link Only
Subject: [Millwright] 18-0823 Journeyman Turbines Mechanics - Turbine Millwrights FieldCore MP Job Posting
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Various USA Traveling Field Service
Country: United States
FieldCore, a GE company, (https://www.fieldcore.com/ ) is a new, independent industrial field services company that will deliver the highest standard of field services excellence and capabilities for GE and its customers. FieldCore will bring together the field services expertise and people from both Granite Services and GE’s Power Services into one powerhouse organization. Driven by the values of safety, quality, and integrity, FieldCore is built to deliver operational excellence for customers in the power generation, oil & gas, nuclear, and wind power markets.
We are offer exciting career opportunities for Field Service positions for Journeyman Turbine Mechanics, Turbine Millwrights, and Heavy Lift Millwrights. Field Service employees enjoy flexible and consistent work assignments; career progression, reward and recognition are central to our culture. We develop people with classroom and on-the-job training, and through challenging work assignments that have long-lasting impact in the world and on our employee’s careers.
Because this is a traveling Field Service job, you can live Remotely anywhere in the USA, so long as you have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and access to an airport in case you need to fly to a job site location. We will be contacting and scheduling interviews for qualified candidates over the next 30 days.
The primary responsibility of the Turbine Mechanic, Steam or Gas, is to safely accomplish the installation, maintenance and repair of the heavy rotating machinery used mainly in power generation applications, Turbines and Generators. Turbine Mechanics work closely with Craft Labor Supervisors, EHS personnel, and the Operations Department to achieve these goals.
These positions are for work in the US and are for Legally authorized to work in the US candidates. You must be able to pass a drug test and background check. Some of the physical requirements of this position are traveling / field service job that requires you to be able to be away from home for extended periods of time, the ability to lift safely a minimum of 50 pounds, perform physical work-related activities, and wear personal safety protection equipment (PPE). Employees must be prepared to work in different shifts, as required, to safely complete the assignment.
• Must have some experience with industrial equipment that involves heavy lifting / rigging, maintaining, dismantling, and installing machinery and industrial mechanical service equipment, including ventilating and heating systems, building repairs, and Turbines. Industrial Turbine and industrial power generating equipment and industrial machinery are a big plus.
• Must have experience aligning above equipment or heavy experience with dial indicators/calipers using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs.
Responsibilities Will Include:
• Ability to identify all parts of the (steam and/or gas) path; lube oil system, seal oil system and hydraulic system of a steam and/or gas turbine and/or generator
• Read blueprints, schematic drawings and technical documentation to determine proper work procedures.
• Assemble and install machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints and other drawings in industrial establishments.
• Dismantle and assemble machinery and equipment using a variety of hand, power, pneumatic and hydraulic tools.
• Move machinery and equipment using hoists, cranes, chain falls and trucks.
• Perform mechanical and electrical maintenance and repairs on power tools, hand tools and training equipment.
• Align machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, lasers, and plumb bobs
• Perform material and machine inspections using precision measuring equipment such as micrometers, rules, calipers, protractors, and torque wrenches
• Ability to work unsupervised on any part of a turbine (gas or steam) and on generators.
• Should have experience with repair and or rebuild of large industrial equipment or turbines
Qualifications / Requirements:
• Must have some similar experience with industrial equipment
• Provide / possess minimum tools for a Journeyman, and be able to use them safely.
• You must be able to pass drug testing and background investigation to meet company standards
• Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
• Mechanical aptitude and mechanical experience
• The heavy work demands will require lifting or carrying up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to work in team environment
• Must be able to walk / stand upright for periods of up to 12 hours
• Must be able to bend, squat and climb stairs / ladders (occasionally to frequently)
• Must be able to work on equipment located at or above shoulder level
• Must be able to perform Outage work onsite and work varied shifts / length of time, 8 - 12 hours a day, up to 7 days a week
• Must be able to travel on short notice
• Must be away from home for extended periods of time (1 day to 2+ months) at various work sites throughout the US
• Must have a High School diploma, GED, or 10 years industry experience can be substituted for education
“An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets”.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
187 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.