Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Various USA Traveling Field Service
Country: United States
FieldCore, a GE company, is a new, independent industrial field services company that delivers world-class execution of field services and capabilities for GE and its customers. FieldCore will bring together the field services expertise and people from both Granite Services and GE’s Power Services into one powerhouse. Driven by the values of safety, quality, and integrity, FieldCore will be built to deliver operational excellence for customers in the power generation, oil & gas, nuclear, and wind power markets. For more information about FieldCore’s world-class execution expertise, check out www.fieldcore.com
We are offering exciting career opportunities in Field Service for experienced Hydro-Electric Maintenance Mechanics. FieldCore employees enjoy flexible and consistent work assignments; career progression, reward and recognition are central to our culture. We develop people with classroom, online training, on-the-job training, and through challenging work assignments that have long-lasting impact in the world and on our employee’s careers.
Field Service positions at FieldCore allow you the flexibility to live anywhere in the US, within a reasonable distance to an airport. You must have reliable transportation to commute to job sites that are accessible by vehicle. Some assignments will require you be away from home for extended periods of time.
These positions are for work in the US and are for Legally authorized to work in the US candidates. You must be able to pass a drug test and background check. Some of the physical requirements of this position are traveling / field service job that requires you to be able to be away from home for extended periods of time, the ability to lift safely a minimum of 50 pounds, perform physical work-related activities, work safely at different heights, and wear personal safety protection equipment (PPE). Employees must be prepared to work in different shifts, as required, to safely complete the assignment.
• Ability to identify and work on all parts of a hydro turbine system and generator
• Provide/possess minimum tools for a Journeyman, and use them safely
• Align machines / equipment, use lasers, hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers
• Ability to read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
• Experience dismantling, assembling and installing equipment / machinery
• Should have experience with repair and or rebuild of large industrial equipment
• Maintain / repair hydroelectric plant mechanical systems, valves of various sizes, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, pipelines, feeders, siphons, pumps, motors, generators, lubrication and cooling equipment, control and pressure relief structures and associated equipment/assets.
• Ability or experience in removal and/or installation of generator bars/coils and working with various epoxies an asset
REQUIREMENTS and ABILITIES
• A minimum of two years of prior hydro-electric turbine maintenance experience
• Require candidates that are legally authorized to work in the US
• Ability to pass a drug test and background check
• Ability to lift safely a minimum of 50 pounds
• Ability wear personal safety protection equipment (PPE) required by work sites.
• Must be able to walk/stand upright for periods of up to 12 hours
• Must be able to bend, squat and climb stairs/ladders (occasionally to frequently)
• Must be able to work on equipment located at or above shoulder level
• Ability to perform Outage work onsite of varied shifts /length of time, 8 - 12 hours a day, up to 7 days a week
• Ability to travel on short notice and be away from home for extended periods of time (1 day to 2+ months) at various work sites throughout the US and Canada
• High school diploma or GED in addition to the attainment of journey-level skills through a recognized mechanical trade training program.
FieldCore is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including persons with disabilities and veterans
12 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.