Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Location: Waltham MA
Responsible for the daily supervision of Gas personnel, including Construction Contractors, Field Operations personnel, in a cost-effective manner to ensure the following:
Safety, reliability, security and integrity of our gas customerís premises as well as the Companyís distribution/transmission system, consistent with Company goals, objectives and policies, in full compliance with existing and future governmental codes and regulations. Sound implementation of policies and procedures that ensure public safety, maximize customer satisfaction and fulfill statutory requirements while meeting or exceeding performance incentives
Protect the safety of the public, company property, and personnel through monitoring and enforcement of work rules, standards, while remaining fully compliant.
Supervise a culturally diverse workforce through coaching, counseling, and team building to effectively and efficiently accomplish job tasks. Responsible for workplace safety to ensure safe working conditions are maintained through field inspection of work sites and equipment.
Maintain compliance with O.S.H.A., PSC/DPU, DOT regulations, and Operator Qualifications.
QUALIFICATIONS: Extensive operations related work experience is preferred. Candidates with a Bachelor's Degree and related work experience will be considered. Prior leadership experience with a focus on Construction, Gas Field Operations and Customer Meter Services is a plus.
Technical knowledge of engineering, construction and maintenance practices. Knowledge of state and municipal gas codes preferred.
1. Provide a Construction Supervisor as the primary point of contact during construction.
2. Provide construction management oversight services.
3. Confirm excavating contractor deliverables are executed in accordance with Clientís construction standards.
4. Review schedule and construction progress, to include critical path items, and provide construction updates to the Client's Project Manager on a weekly and monthly basis
5. Complete daily reports to capture and record specific construction activities, progress, identify critical issues and recommended actions, personnel on site (workforce), excavation and shoring, weld removal, spool piece installation, material deliveries, weather conditions, inspections, general safety reviews, field construction directives, project projections, any change orders as required, as well as other project specific observations
6. Notify Client of any issues related to material/equipment needed to complete the project.
7. Manage field changes (change orders) with the Client's Project Manager and the General Contractor
8. In coordination with the Client Project Manager, will coordinate with the GC for phasing/shut downs/outages/re-energizing pipeline
9. Develop a Job Book for submission to Client that is expected to include the daily field reports, RFI log, Submittal log, Change Order log, as-built drawings, site safety plan, communications log, contact phone log, incident reporting system in accordance with Clientís standards, Client site specific compliance documentation and site safety requirements
10. Prepare and submit to Client an original and copy of the Job Book with all construction inspection reports.
11. Ensure that the contractor creates an accurate as-built drawings.
Will need to provide own phone, camera and transportation.
Will need to provide a computer to view the O&M manual (web access needed) and email access (own email address).
This position will mainly be in the field, not the office.
Applicant must exhibit proven supervisory skills and ability to work effectively with others in a team environment is necessary. The candidate must possess an exceptional safety record, strong oral and written communication skills with the proven ability to maximize performance of subordinates. Solid planning and organizing skills are required. Must possess the following competencies: Focus on Safety, Customer Satisfaction, advancing technology to protect our environment, innovation, drive for results, adaptability, demonstrate and promote teamwork.
Knowledge of API 1173 and API 1169 is recommended
184 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.