Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 31705
DescriptionAt Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for day-to-day, plant level environmental compliance as Site Functional Area Manager. Assures that thehighest level of compliance is maintained with all applicable environmental rules and regulations and that station personnel are aware of all relevant environmental requirements. Responsible for daily environmental activities including regulatory inspections, reporting, filing reports permit compliance andtesting in all environmental programs including, but not limited to, air pollution control, water pollution control, spill planning and prevention, storage tank management, and emergency planning and release reporting.Responsible for promoting environmental awareness and aiding plant management with assessing environmental risks. Work with Environmental Programs to review and implement permit and regulatory changes.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage and be responsible for day-to-day environmental compliance for plant level environmental programs including waste management, water pollution control, spill plans and response, emergency planning and release reporting, tank management, and other applicable environmental requirements.- Environmental record keeping and reporting including data review and analysis, report preparation, report filing, agency notification, permitapplication review and input to regulatory comments.- Ensure site employees and management are alert to environmental issues; promote environmental awareness.- Perform self-assessments, participate in corporate audits and lead regulatory site inspections.- Manage contractors andenvironmental budgets.- Participate in EMS ISO 14001 certification, review and improvement activities.- Report environmental metrics and corrective action implementation.
- Review and update the Management Model related to environmental compliance.
- Participate in Environmental Peer Group and implement best practices.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- BS in engineering, natural or physical sciences, chemistry, or environmental science with 6+ years professional experience OR
- Associates Degree with 8+ years experience and 3+ years exempt-level experience OR-
- H. S. diploma with 10+ years experience and 5+ years exempt-level experience
- Demonstrate understanding of Federal, State and Localenvironmental rules and regulations and their implementationrequirements
- Ability to manage multiple issues/priorities with conflicting priorities.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written and verbal.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products.Preferred:
-Air quality experience and working knowledge of CEMS- Project Management experience- Water treatment plant operator license or similar certification- EMS experience and working knowledge of ISO 14001 standards
POSITION SCOPE- Position reports to Director, Environmental Operations
- Position has a direct impact on plant operation
- Position requires communication and interaction with plant management, Power environmental, supply, legal, communications, and external affairs- Position requires communication with state regulators and local health officials, Coast Guard, police andfirefighters
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal ContractorInd-1
EEO is the Law Poster
70 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.