Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Mechanical Engineer with experience in hydroelectric power generation projects, specifically those associated with mechanical systems (e.g. turbines, generators, governors) related to hydro modernization projects. The candidate will act in the role of principal engineer/subject matter expert with full project oversight. Experience with multi-discipline projects in hydro power generation is required. Familiarity with TVA, PG&E, Southern Company, Duke Energy, or other power generating utility processes is preferred. Proficiency with industry standard analysis programs is required.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform full oversight to develop & design routine to challenging engineering & construction drawings (P&ID’s, layouts, assemblies, and details) in specialty area based on general information utilizing computer aided design technology
- Review Vendor drawings as the owner’s engineer
- Responsible for quality of design documents & ensuring all are prepared & checked in accordance w/ applicable procedures
- Manage personal task assignments & designated projects
- Manage assignments of other less-experienced design team members to ensure adherence to scope, schedule and budget
- Maintain appropriate communication with project management personnel to update project status, change in scope, schedule or budget
- Work with Engineering Manager and Project Manager in proposal development by defining a project’s scope of work, man-hour estimate, preliminary schedule, exclusions/assumptions, and interface restraints
- Work under the direction of the Engineering Manager
- Interact with all levels within customer organizations
- Play a key role in project meetings
- Establish project scope
- Offer leadership guidance on how projects should be designed and implemented
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 15 years of Mechanical Engineering experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with mechanical systems and engineering in hydroelectric power plants
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- PE license
130 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.