[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 512225
Posted By: Johnson Service Group
Posted On: 2019-01-10 07:18:15
Email Address: email@example.com
Subject: Geotechnical Engineer
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
• Coordination of and/or leading periodic dam safety inspections by internal inspection teams at fossil-fueled generation plants.
• Interface with Georgia Power Company Environmental Affairs
• Interface with personnel of the Georgia Safe Dams Program
• Monitoring performance data from dam instrumentation
• Perform geotechnical engineering calculations, conceptual designs, & analyses to support dam safety, new/retrofit capital projects, and consulting.
• Technical oversight of field drilling/testing.
• Travel required (with some overnight stays), and field work at various plant/job sites.
• Other assigned duties may include performing engineering studies, development and/or maintenance of emergency action plans for surface impoundments, and review of studies and analyses performed by engineering consultants
• Engineering B.S. Degree (preferred in Geotechnical or Geological Engineering, or Civil with heavy geotechnical emphasis). MS Degree strongly preferred.
• Advanced coursework in foundations, soils, soil compaction and stabilization, soil chemistry/geochemistry, geology, and/or environmental engineering.
• Minimum of 5 to 7 years prior experience with most/all of following:
o Dam design, operation and inspection
o Experience and continuing education in embankments and dams, including dam safety related inspections
o Drilling/insitu tests
o Slope stability and seepage analysis
o Foundation capacity design and calculations (shallow and deep)
o Foundation construction/installation monitoring and inspections
o Geotechnical and environmental software
o Soil classification
o Laboratory test interpretation and evaluation
o Sitework and Fill placement and compaction
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent communication, writing and client skills
• Knowledge of dam safety principles
• Solid waste/CCR management practices, including State and Federal CCR regulations
• Deep foundation design; engineering properties of soils; QC methods; proficiency in computing and modeling;
• ASTM Standards; laboratory and field testing; application and interpretation of insitu test results.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
• Familiarity with AutoCad
• Extensive walking on both level and sloping ground is required
Licenses and Certifications:
• Professional Engineer license in Georgia, and the ability for licensing in other states
• Designation as, or ability to obtain, certification as Georgia Safe Dams program Engineer or Record strongly desired
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
244 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.