[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 512838
Posted By: Linda McCarron- Johnson Service Group
Posted On: 2019-01-17 06:54:06
Email Address: email@example.com
Subject: Designer/Senior Drafter
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
12 months contract
Location: Juliette, GA
Ability to apply detailed knowledge of electrical design principals & requirements, develop detailed scope of work documentation, perform field verification, design & drafting (AutoCAD) of industrial equipment/components such as switchgear, motor control centers, programmable logic controllers, power panels, lighting, grounding, lightning protection, heat tracing, etc.
• Development, preparation, checking and/or coordination of designs, design drawings, and other documents for plant electrical systems, or components in accordance with applicable codes and standards.
• Responsible for preparing electrical power system design including single line diagrams, elementary, and wiring diagrams, layout and circuitry design.
• Reviews vendor design documents to ensure conformance to design requirements.
• Assist in checkout and startup of systems when necessary.
• Works with other disciplines, clients, suppliers and contractors to develop designs.
• Develop scope definition, provide schedule input, create material takeoffs and review fabrication drawings.
• Resolve engineering related issues.
• Proficiency in problem solving, analytical, and interpersonal/communications skills
• Candidate must be willing to travel and at times work over-time hours.
• Candidate must be able to perform physically demanding activities such as bending, kneeling, crawling, etc.
• Knowledge and understanding of the physical and circuitry aspects of electrical system design required
• Proficiency with AutoCAD required.
• Technical degree with emphasis in Computer Aided Engineering, Electrical Systems, or equivalent experience preferred.
• 3D modeling experience desired or capable of learning new 3D software
• Ability to work both as part of a team and independently.
• The individual should have a high level of initiative and be able to effectively plan, organize, and execute their work.
• The individual should be able to handle complex and non-routine assignments with limited supervision
• Ability to utilize spreadsheets, databases and/or word processing software
• Position usually requires minimum of 3 years experience in industrial and/or large commercial facilities design.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
215 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.