[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 517288
Posted By: Main Sail LLC
Posted On: 2019-03-19 00:04:01
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: [Estimator] Power Plant Construction Estimator
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 32826
Main Sail, a US Veteran-Owned small business with ISO 9001:2015 Certification is currently seeking an experienced POWER PLANT CONSTRUCTION ESTIMATOR with a background in Power Plant construction estimating to join our growing team. The Estimator will be responsible for providing full estimating and proposal preparation for all types of Power Plant Projects. Travel is required to job sites in both CONUS and OCONUS.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or Economics and Business Administration (long experience can compensate for formal education)
- Minimum of 3-5 years hands on estimating experience in power plant construction.
- Experience using cost estimating software, tools and database applications
- Excellent, math, computer, analytical and communication skills
- Able to meet deadlines
- Intermediate skills in Word, Excel, Access
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Construction experience as a field engineer for fossil or nuclear plants, heavy industrial plants, and substations and transmission lines
- Experience preparing cost estimates for fossil or nuclear power plants, heavy industrial plants, and/or substations and transmission lines
- Experience in reviewing and assessing the quality and accuracy of estimates created by others
- Project Scheduling experience a plus
- Power plant start-up experience a plus
Roles & Responsibilities
- Leads, coordinates, and assumes responsibility for the timely generation and documentation of estimates and quotes utilized in the preparation of proposals for new power plant installations
- Ensures timely response to sales team, allowing for proposal preparation, workability, system operation, cost, and completeness of sales package to customers
- Works with customers and employees to answer technical questions, preparation of technical quotes.
- Activities will include interpretation of specifications, development of bill of materials (BOM) and other activities
- Review and analyze plans, blueprints, and specifications
- Obtains quotes from outside vendors for ancillary products and services
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
38 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.