[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 520297
Posted By: Linda McCarron- Johnson Service Group
Posted On: 2019-04-04 12:32:37
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Sr. Electrical Engineer
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Sr. Electrical Engineer
Power division- Power Plant experience required.
Contract job: 6-12 months- long term position
Location: Birmingham, AL
Please send me your resume in word format.
JOB SUMMARY (Why does the job exist?)
This position is responsible for performing Electrical Engineering design on battery energy storage systems (BESS) for commercial and industrial applications. Relevant experience should include product development design, BESS design, large solar facility design, utility new generation projects, and/or small projects at utility electrical generating plants and electrical equipment manufacturing. This position routinely takes on the Lead role for the detailed design activities associated with large projects and/or multiple retrofit projects.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills)
• Bachelor of Science Degree (BS) in Engineering required; Advanced degree in related field is a plus
• Detailed knowledge of engineering design principles (preferably BESS and power plant electrical system design)
• Experience with Lithium Ion Batteries and their application in energy storage for commercial and industrial applications as well as associated power electronics is a plus.
• Experience providing technical direction in preparation of design details, drawings, and calculations
• Experience scheduling and coordinating major projects to meet cost and schedule objectives
• Experience using AutoCAD and CAD Overlay would be a plus
• The individual should have a high level of initiative and be able to effectively plan, organize, and execute their work.
• The individual should be able to handle overall design on large environmental projects and/or small projects at fossil fired generating plants with minimal to no supervision
• Ability to work proficiently both as part of a team and independently; interfacing with the plants and other disciplines
• Has the ability to assess risk at multiple levels and understand the impacts to all stakeholders
• Must demonstrate behaviors consistent with Southern Company Values – Safety as Core Value, Unquestionable Trust, Superior Performance and Total Commitment
• Position usually requires 5 to 10 years experience in industrial and/or large commercial facilities design
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Major responsibilities of the job, no more than 8)
• Lead in preparing and overseeing electrical BESS system design including scope documents, schedules, budgets, single line diagrams, elementary, and wiring diagrams, layout and circuitry design
• Design oversight to ensure compliance with all applicable codes and standards, QA requirements, federal, state, and local regulatory requirements
• Oversight and technical direction of other engineers, designers, and drafters
• Assist in checkout, testing and startup of systems when necessary.
• Must be able to effectively communicate with other groups and disciplines to ensure maximum effectiveness
• Proficiency in problem solving, analytical, and interpersonal/communications skills
• Makes sound independent decisions with minimal information and consultation with management
• Must be able to lead multiple projects simultaneously.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
136 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.