Piping Designer (7002479)
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
This is a lead level Piping Designer role. The Piping Designer has complete understanding and application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Provides solutions to a wide range of complex problems under general direction. Determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Accomplish results through teaming with lower-level experienced exempt employees.
- Develop solutions to problems of unusual complexity that require a high degree of innovation and ingenuity.
- May lead a section or group of designers/drafters, usually on a single project in a specialized field.
- Perform standardized or prescribed assignments involving sequence of related operations.
- Interact with internal and external personnel on matters of moderate importance.
- Design components or portions of systems, and modifies existing designs to develop or improve them.
- Use computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools to gather information, make studies, perform calculations, and prepare original rough layouts and sketches to present design proposal.
- Coordinate design criteria with engineering, tooling, material, and planning group in accordance with contractual specifications.
- 8+ years of piping experience or drafting/design related course work is required
- Experience with using 2D/3D software such as AutoCad is required
- Good communication skills is required
- Understand piping layouts and field drawings is required
- Experience in developing estimates and schedules, leading a piping design team executing multiple small projects, interfacing with other disciplines and other offices, evaluating progress and early identification of potential problems is preferred
- Field experience and experience in developing turnaround packages and providing turnaround support is preferred
- Previous work experience in a refinery or chemical plant is preferred
- Previous safety awareness training is preferred
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.