[Project Engineer] Project Engineer 2
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Job Title: Project Engineer 2
Location: Plumsteadville, PA
Duration: Direct Hire
Our client has a need for a Project Engineer. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with a leading company, we want to talk with you!
Executes and manages assigned projects in accordance with the company Specialty Gases Project Management process. The function includes project planning and scheduling, scope definition, engineering design and review, functional and parts specification, budgeting, cost control, quality assurance, coordination of risk assessment and mitigation, planning maintenance and procedures, communications and project documentation. Obtains technical guidance and consultation from Engineering and other experts/Design Authorities as needed
• Maintain a zero accident safety record.
• Keep safety as the top priority in every project.
• Follow all applicable HSE procedures and lead by example by working safely in all situations.
• Participate in monthly safety meetings
• Participate in the investigation and follow-up of HSE-related incidents
• Develop concrete project scope, utilizing input from stakeholders including management, HSE, plant operations, engineering, maintenance, automation and others as appropriate.
• Assists with economic analysis of proposed projects and develops alternative solutions.
• Assists with development of proposals, including technical proposals and supporting documentation.
• Develop P&ID and system mechanical lay-out.
• Specifies equipment appropriate for the project functionality.
• Prepares equipment cost estimates and engineering estimates in support of proposals.
• Generates buy-in and cooperation from relevant stakeholders
• Responsible for personal and project safety performance.
• Executes projects in compliance with all applicable company, federal, state and local regulations.
• Executes projects in accordance with project management procedure including design review, hazards analysis, MOC, PSSR and SOP development and operator training.
• Responsible for completing projects on time and within budget.
• Develops engineering packages for bid (RFQs) that result in fair and accurate pricing from vendors and eliminates, as much as possible, field change notices.
• Procures equipment.
• Coordinates or conducts construction and project installation.
• Coordinates or conducts system testing/check-out.
• Member of the installation/start-up supervision team.
• Reports on safety, budget, schedule and quality.
• Keep all stakeholders informed of plans, progress and challenges, manage stakeholder expectations
• Technical BS degree required; BS Chemical or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
• Minimum of 7 years of engineering and project management experience in a gas or chemical manufacturing business
• Experience managing project budgets of $5MM+
• Experience managing projects with medical applications
• Technical project experience preferred.
• Familiarity with mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, operation and controls of process equipment utilized in company technologies.
• Familiarity with project management tools and techniques such as scope definition and changes, project scheduling, critical path, estimating, budgeting, reporting and cost control preferred.
• Ability to interpret and apply Industrial Management System, and relevant codes and oversight organizations such as ANSI, ASME, NFPA, CGMP and CGA.
• Ability to understand and interpret applicable specifications and standards.
• Must be a self starter and capable of moving projects along with minimal direction from his or her manager.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize work, and effectively works within a project execution team
• Familiarity with vendors and suppliers of process equipment and services preferred.
• Excellent MS office product skills, including Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, Project and Word.
Knowledge of instrumentation, electrical and PLCs desirable
• Ability to coordinate with other groups within ASG, external customers, and suppliers
• Some travel is required, up to 20% of the time
• Light to moderate physical activity is required eg. Bending, walking, climbing ladders, occasional lifting to to 30 lbs.
As an employee with ASAP, you will be working through an established and well respected organization that goes above and beyond for our Clients and Talent. We are dedicated to providing our Associates with professional and responsive attention and we are here to assist with any questions or concerns you may have. Your diligence and professional commitment will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for this position may include (but are not limited to):
• Excellent medical, dental, and vision
• Short Term Disability/LTD
Who We Are:
ASAP is the expert solution for companies seeking a skilled contract/contingent workforce. Our expertise, market knowledge and recruitment proficiency make us the source for providing companies seeking highly skilled Financial, IT, Engineers and Technicians to fill contract, temp-to-perm, and direct hire opportunities.