[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
TRS seeks Certified Welding Inspectors (CWI) for a short term contract starting 3/9 with a 7 week duration. These positions will support an outage at a steam plant in Newton, Illinois. LOCAL only (within 50 miles); per diem is NOT offered.
Weekly work schedule is 6 days per week, 10 hour shifts.
• Support and contribute to the development of the project-specific Project Quality Management Plan
• Support and contribute to the development of project-specific Quality Check Sheets, including hold points, visual inspection requirements, FME requirements, and weld procedures for all major projects. Utilize Quality Check Sheets to monitor work and support hold point verifications.
• Perform visual inspection of work performed and assure that it meets the Company Quality System Manual, Customer Specifications, and other applicable requirements.
• Create and input inspection reports from hand written inspection documentation and field notes.
• Create and update ASME Weld Traveler Report for project/employee weld performance
• Communicate inspection findings and recommendations to appropriate Company craft supervision & management, as well as interface with appropriate Customer counterparts.
• Using experience and training, provide recommendations on corrective and preventive solutions to problems identified during outages.
• Take photos of problems identified during inspections, download and use photos in reports. (pending project camera pass approval)
• Supervise and conduct testing and certification of welders. (Quality personnel to be AWS Certified Welding Inspectors)
• Promote and enforce proper welding rod control
• Promote and enforce proper FME control measures
• Interface with Non-Destructive Examination (NDE) technicians
• Valid CWI or VT Level II Certification
• Prior boiler and weld inspection experience
• MUST be able to climb and crawl around boilers
• Prior experience within an operating power plant
• Proficiency with computer software
Background Check, Drug Screen, and Physical Assessment Required