[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
BHI is currently looking for a deiseal mechanic at the Belews Creek Steam Station located in Belews Creek, NC. This is a local hire position and does not pay perdiem or relocation fees. In this position you will be under general supervision, be able to perform duties of general support as assigned by BHI Energy and the client while on the plant site.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities: Specific job responsibilities and duties should include, but not limited to:
- Ability to perform inspection of assign vehicles
- Test drive vehicles to diagnose malfunctions
- Read and interpret diagnostic test results from diagnostic equipment such as an oscilloscope, which is used to measure the voltage produced by electronic components
- Raise trucks, and heavy parts or equipment by using hydraulic jacks or hoists
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, transmissions, engines, hydraulics and other parts of vehicles
- Do routine maintenance, such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and parts
- Adjust and align wheels tracks, tighten bolts and screws, and attach system components
- Repair or replace malfunctioning components, parts, and other mechanical or electrical equipment
- Test-drive vehicles to ensure that they run smoothly
- CAT Certification Preferred
- Ability to perform physical labor including, but not limited to lifting, carrying, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, reaching and bending.
- Ability to operate motor vehicles with current driver's license.
- Ability to understand knowledge of specific training to perform assigned task.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees, contractors, outside agencies.
- Ability to be safety conscious and report issues to a Supervisor.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- May be required to work overtime or varying hours.
- May be assigned additional responsibilities as needed by the client.
- Follow established workplace procedures.
- Capable of lifting at least a minimum 50 pounds.
- Actively participate in Pre-job and Safety Briefings
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Must be able to pass a security background
- Must be able to understand and have knowledge of the clients procedures, and policies.
- Must be computer literate in common software applications and able to operate general office equipment.
- Any combination of training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying; typical education would include a high school diploma, or equivalent.
- General training that is required by BHI Energy and the client.
- Strong understanding of the potential issues, lessons learned and industry standards for work that you will be supporting.
- Working knowledge of the plants systems, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to interact effectively with workers, professionals, and all levels of management.
Possess written skills as well as verbal to communicate with client and be able to follow specific