[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
System One has multiple openings for a Lead System Operator in Everett, WA. In this role, you will act as the Shift Operational Lead for the Molten Chloride Fast Reactor (MCFR) Integrated Effects Test (IET) Experiment, a non-critical non-nuclear pilot unit. This is a long term contract position, and local candidates are preferred as there is no per diem for this role.
This effort will support the Molten Chloride Fast Reactor (MCFR) program and the operation of the MCFR IET is a critical step in the testing and development of the first reactor to be fueled by molten chloride salts. Your role will include interfacing with a team of >20 scientists and engineers both internal and external to our client. Candidates must have extensive plant operations and supervisory experience.
In 2021, our client will operate this IET system around the clock with multiple shifts and thus multiple Lead System Operator position are available. In the initial phase, 2020, you will work with the other Shift Lead Operators to write commissioning and operating procedures for the larger pilot system while it is under construction. During this initial phase, you will also operate a small scale batch purification system to make raw materials for the larger system. In Q4 2020, you will assist in interviewing, selecting and training the shift operators required to commission and operation the system in 2021.
1. Oversee Small Pilot Plant Shift Operations (2-3 personnel per Shift).
2. Oversee a SCADA/HIM/Control Board Operator and Field/Utility Operator.
3. Operate SCADA/HMI/Control Boards.
4. Operate High Temperature Pilot Systems.
5. Operate Pumps, Valves, Heaters, Blowers, Compressors.
6. Respond to alarms and problems within the plant and takes corrective measures.
7. Monitor and control pressures, temperatures, flow rates, and levels to efficiently achieve desired operating results and ensure proper operation of equipment under current process conditions such as Start/Stop/Rate adjustment of equipment.
8. Regulate and shut down equipment if necessary.
9. Troubleshoot equipment, electrical and instrumentation issues.
10. Periodically makes rounds of the plant to visually check equipment to see that is operating properly.
11. Follow standard operating and emergency procedures until trouble can be corrected.
12. Perform energy isolation lockout/tagout procedures (LOTO).
13. Complete System Pressure and Leak Checks.
14. Develop and/or Review Operating Procedures.
15. Develop Operator Training Materials.
16. Review and Implement Experimental Test Campaigns.
17. Keep Shift Log of Operations.
18. Make multiple repeat batches of Purified Salt.
19. Work various shifts, evening, weekends, holidays, overtime, on-call as required.
20. Wear protective gear as needed.
21. Physically perform assigned duties and essential functions of the position.
22. Independently plans and carries out the work in accordance with established operating methods and procedures.
23. Support continuous learning and application of nuclear industry best practices in order to maintain the highest quality of engineering design and proactively identify process change/enhancement opportunities.
24. Actively participate in safety programs and initiatives.
Required Qualifications and Skills
1. High school diploma or GED is required.
2. Five years of experience in industrial plant operations (chemical, boiler, refinery, etc)
3. Military service may substitute for industrial plant experience.
4. Math - basic algebra, fractions/percentages, unit conversion.
5. Knowledge of operation and maintenance of pumps, electric motors, and motor controls, piping devices, hydraulic control systems, and other mechanical equipment.
6. Personal computer proficiency (word processing, spreadsheets) and other software utilized by the company including Control System Interfaces.
7. Strong Interpersonal abilities to support team philosophy and strategy.
8. Understanding of electrical hazards and safety.
9. Physically able to perform all duties required which may involve among other things; bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing ladders and lifting / carrying loads up to 50 lbs
10. Ability to climb stairs and work effectively on platforms up to 50 feet above grade.
11. Ability to perform and record results of laboratory tests accurately and by required deadlines.
12. Read and understand engineered drawings.
13. Read meters and gauges correctly.
14. Knowledge of tubing and tubing connections.
15. Must possess, or have the ability to possess within six months of hire date, first aid and CPR certifications.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
1.Ten years of experience in industrial plant operations (chemical, boiler, refinery, etc)
2.Three years of experience in shift operations supervision (chemical, boiler, refinery, etc)