[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Position Title: Electrician - Journeyman
Location: Port Arthur, Texas
Pay: Commensurate per experience
Type: Contract – Ongoing
Plan, layout, install, and repair wiring, conduit, electrical fixtures, apparatus and control equipment. Troubleshoot electrical problems. Measure, cut bend, thread assemble and install electrical conduit using such tools as hacksaw, pipe threader and conduit bender. Measures, cuts, splices and installs cable trays and wire trays. Splices wire by stripping insulation from terminal leads with electrical knife or pliers, twisting or soldering wires together and applying tape or terminal caps. Connect wires to power equipment such as electrical motors, switch gears and transformers. Test continuity of circuits using equipment such as VOM, Megger, Amp Meter, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares sketches showing location of wiring and equipment or follows diagrams or blueprints.
• Analyzes project electrical needs and determines design.
• Respond to all types of electrical emergencies that may occur.
• Directs and leads the work of others.
• Maintains work area in a clean and safe condition.
• Complies with company and OSHA safety policies and regulations as well as NFPA70E
• Must be well-versed in electrical codes and theory.
• Properly mounts and install assigned electrical work, conduit, electrical tray, wires and devices.
• Must be able to work from all type of ladders.
• Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles and installs electrical conduit using such tools as a hacksaw, pipe threader and conduit benders.
• Prepares sketches showing location of wiring and equipment or follows diagrams or blueprints insuring that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceilings, and flooring.
• Pulls wiring through conduit, assisted by helper.
• Splices wires by stripping insulation from terminal leads with knife or pliers, twisting or soldering wires together and applying tape or terminal caps.
• Connects wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment using hand tools.
• Installs control and distribution apparatus, such as switches, relays and circuit- breaker panels, and fastens in place with crews or bolts using hand or power tools.
• Connects power cables to equipment and installs grounding leads.
• Tests continuity of circuit to insure electrical compatibility and safety of components using testing instruments such as VOM, Megger, Amp Meter, etc.
• Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to determine hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
• Disassembles and repairs defective electrical equipment or systems.
• Loads, transports and unloads material, tools, equipment and supplies.
• Maintains tools and equipment.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Must be NCCER certified.
• Must have 36+ months documented field experience.
• Must be able to read and interpret instructions and document, plan and perform work activities independently.
• Must have knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
• Must have the ability to rely and work based on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
• Must be able to take direction, working under immediate supervision.
• Must be able to distinguish colors.
• Must have knowledge of certain procedures such as LOTO.
• Must have the ability to observe and comply with all safety and project rules.
• Must have the ability to rate information using personal judgment or standards that can be measured or checked.
• Must have the ability to work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
• Must be able to perform a variety of duties which may change often.
• Must have the ability and skill to perform arithmetical operations rapidly and accurately.
• Must have the ability to see detail in objects or drawings, such as 3-dimensional objects.
• Must be able to work at heights without fear.
• High school diploma or equivalent.