[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Position Title: Pipefitter, Journeymen III
Location: Port Arthur, Texas
Pay: Commensurate per experience
Type: Contract – Ongoing
Lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs and maintains piping systems, pipe supports, fixtures, and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for steam, hot water fixtures and equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling and production and processing systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Selects type and size of pipe and related materials and equipment, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to job specifications.
• Inspects worksite to determine presence of obstructions.
• Plans sequence on installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other workers.
• Cuts pipe using pipe cutter, hammer and chisel, cutting torch and pipe cutting machine.
• Threads pipe using threading machine.
• Bends pipe using pipe-bending tools and machine.
• Mounts pipe hangers and brackets on walls and ceiling to hold pipe.
• Assembles and installs a variety of metal or nonmetal pipes and pipe fittings, using threaded caulked, soldering, brazen, fused, or cemented joints, and hand tools.
• Secures pipes to structure with bracket, clamps, and hangers, using hand and power tools.
• Installs and maintains refrigeration and air conditioning systems, including compressors, pumps, meter, pneumatic and hydraulic controls and piping.
• Test piping systems for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
• Welds pipe supports to structural steel members.
• May observe production machines in assigned area of manufacturing facility to detect machinery malfunctions. May operate machinery to verify repair if certified to operate.
• Loads, transports and unloads material, tools, equipment and supplies.
• May assist in lifting, positioning and securing of material and work pieces during installation.
• Performs minor maintenance of cleaning activities of tools and equipment.
• Respiratory protection is common and may be required.
• Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules.
• Will conduct work based on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
• NCCER+ certified
• 36+ months documented field experience.
• Ability to read and interpret instructions and document, plan and perform work activities independently.
• Must have knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
• Ability to perform work under immediate supervision.
• Ability to work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
• Ability to make decisions based on measurable criteria.
• Ability to apply shop mathematics to solve problems.
• Ability to plan work and select proper tools.
• Ability to visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings.
• Ability to work at heights without fear.
• Ability to compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
• High school diploma or equivalent.