[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
The Workforce Group has been retained in a recruiting capacity by our Client. We are currently seeking candidates for TIG welders for the Baker’s Field, California area. This is a union job and you will be required to join the Union after a 90 day period.
Title: Stainless Steel tank Welders
Apply at our website: https://theworkforcegroup.org/job-openings/
• Welds together metal components such as pipe or metal plates up to ¼”as specified by layout, blueprints, work orders, welding procedures, or oral instructions, using electric arc-welding equipment.
• Perform fit-up, TIG (GTAW) welding of stainless steel and other metals.
• Perform Pulse MIG (GMAW) of stainless steel and other metals
• Read blueprints and work instructions to plan, and layout weld work, determine fixturing needs.
• Ability to inspect welds, identify defects or issues, and make corrections.
• Operate forklifts, hoists, slings, grinders, cutting torches and other handheld tools as needed.
• Must be familiar with welding/cutting safety requirements.
• Prioritize safety and follow all safety procedures and rules.
• Field tank Erection or Pressure vessel experience is a must.
• Sanitary Pharmaceutical Welding background preferred
May require working in extreme hot or cold weather conditions. Requires working standing on feet most of the workday and climbing ladders, stooping, bending, or squatting. May require working in cramped or uncomfortable positions. May be required to wear respiratory equipment when required. Strength rating -Heavy. May require using equipment such as brooms, shovels, wheelbarrows, jack hammers, paint brushes,
The Workforce Group is an EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. The Workforce Group participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with the information for each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.