[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
The Senior Operations Technician (Senior Control Room Operator) is responsible for monitoring the status of all Plant systems, on a continuous basis. The Senior Operations Technician ensures, that alarms and upset conditions, are properly cleared; by taking appropriate corrective actions. Executes Plant shut-down and start-up procedures, as required. The Senior Operations Technician will also support in maintenance of the facility, as assigned by the Plant Manager and Operations Manager. The Senior Operations Technician ensures that the Plant meets its generating requirements, while operating in a safe and efficient manner.
• Ensure that the daily log and other Plant records are completed, in a timely and accurate manner; including electrical output, steam output, emissions output, fuel consumed, water consumed, and heat rates.
• Conduct periodic log and record reviews, to ensure that tag-out procedures, equipment status, and designated administrative systems are functioning effectively.
• Participate in the administrative maintenance of Plant operating manuals, technical references, prints and diagrams, and preventive/predictive maintenance records.
• Actively supports the Maintenance team in the execution of maintenance plans; by providing lock-out/tag-out support, equipment identification, troubleshooting, work request preparation, electrical and mechanical maintenance, or other areas as needed.
• Fully support and actively participate in NAES Safety and Regulatory Compliance Programs.
• Complete other tasks, as requested by the Plant Manager.
• The Senior Operations Technician reports to the Operations Manager; and cooperates with and responds to, directions from the Maintenance Planner. The Senior Operations Technician gives direction to Control Room Operators.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Ability to understand procedures and instructions specific to the area of assignment, as would be acquired in four (4) years of high school, is required.
• An Associate Degree, in a technical field, is desirable.
• Experience as a Control Room Operator or equivalent position, in an operating or generating Plant, is required.
• Experience in water chemistry control, water condition analysis, water treatment facility operations, and chemical handling requirements is desired.
• Theoretical and practical knowledge of combustion/steam turbine operations, closed-system generation, industrial safety, hazardous waste management, and inspection/recording of Plant parameters, is highly desirable.
• Demonstrated experience in the direct operation of a combined-cycle-large-frame gas turbine Power Plant preferred.
• Experience with piping and instrument schematics, and process controls, desirable.
• Extensive working knowledge of Power Plant industry desirable.
• Must have excellent verbal and writing communication skills.
• Must have excellent organizational skills