[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Geotemps, INC is currently hiring for Concrete Laborers in the Tucson area. We are looking for candidates who are self-starters, able to work outdoors with strenuous physical activity. Concrete labor experience a plus, but not necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensuring that worksites are prepared for concrete footings and concrete forms are assembled in certain locations
• Loading and unloading materials, supplies, and work tools to and from trucks and the construction site
• Ensuring that objects or equipment is in the appropriate place where they are needed
• Breaking up or digging out old concrete before pouring new concrete
• Directing mixing truck drivers as to where to be positioned
• Ensuring safety by cleaning up the work environment and wearing the appropriate safety gear
• Restoring or waterproofing existing concrete structures with the use of appropriate compounds and sealants.
• Assist in pouring of vertical concrete.
• Install and re-shores by instruction.
• Ability to operate power tools, saws, hammers nails and bolt.
• Maintaining a clean tools and work site.
• Able to sit, stand, climb, push/pull cement and ability to lift up to 90 pounds.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills which enable a concrete laborer to work closely with co-workers and contractors
• Well-developed safety skills which enable him/her to take careful and mindful actions since construction sites pose a lot of danger
• Strong precision skills, as a concrete laborer must be able to mix, pour, and spread concrete in the proper proportion
• One year of industry-related experience or apprenticeship
• Ability to work in varying temperatures.
• At least a High School diploma or certification from a vocational school.
• PPE equipment required: steel toe boots, hardhat, vest and weather appropriate attire.
• Seat belts must always be worn in company vehicles.
This position is deemed safety sensitive. A safety-sensitive position is any job that includes tasks or duties that the Company, in good faith, believes could affect the safety and health of the employee performing the task or others.
Please apply online at geotemps.com from a computer or call Stacey at 520-292-1000