[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Portfolio Analytics Specialist - Tampa, FL
Salary Range $60k -$90k based on experience. Direct Hire-perm
ADVANCEMENT IN PROGRESSION
Advancement to a higher level is based on value added to the company through increased duties, responsibilities, and accomplishments. Advancement is not automatic, i.e. based solely on time in the job, but will be based on direct observation of the employee’s performance, accomplishments, qualifications, and the business and/or technical needs of the department.
Key Internal: Frequent contact with managers and other technical and professional staff of numerous areas of the company.
Key External: Industry consultants, regulatory bodies, and representatives of other utilities at various levels of their organization.
Regular 40 hour week with occasional extended hours and “on call” as needed for 24/7/365 trading support and emergency preparedness. Some travel required.
LEVEL I - GAS PORTFOLIO PLANNER I
Under direct supervision, conducts studies, performs analyses, generates reports, and updatesmaintains business data for the evaluation of business strategies used to optimize TECO's natural gas portfolios.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Conducts studies and performs analysis on various assets within TECO's gas portfolio which include, gas supply contracts, gas transportation agreements, gas cost, gas storage, and capacity release agreements. (30%)
2. Collects and quality controls data and information from a variety of internal and external sources. This includes updating and formally communicating those updates for all Gas Portfolio models. (30%)
3. Update and maintain the demand forecast model by modifying load profiles with information regarding weather, customer attrition and addition, and demand side management. (10%)
4. Perform the analytics required for the generation of PGS's monthly Natural Gas Position Report. (10%)
5. Provide updated datainformation for TECO's daily position report and provide analysis, as required, to optimize TECO's daily gas portfolio. (10%)
6. Support/track PGS trading floor activities. This includes an active role in proving modeling requirements that provide the basis for the daily development of strategies for the daily gas trading activities. Actively participates in the PGS Gas morning call. (10%)
Required: Bachelor's degree in Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics.
Preferred: Advanced degree in Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics.
Required: Minimum of one (1) year of system planning and modeling experience.
Preferred: Minimum of three (3) years of natural gas system planning.
• Basic knowledge of interstate natural gas pipeline operations and understanding of principles of firm transportation agreements, gas supply contracts, capacity release contracts, and storage contracts.
• Basic knowledge of demand forecasting techniques, applying basic statistical knowledge for developing forward demand curves using historical data.
• Basic ability to build spreadsheet models, and full knowledge of using pivot tables, indexing, v and h lookups, and complex charting.
• Basis knowledge of working with databases including writing queries and dynamically linking data to department models and reports.
• Ability to coordinate and complete multiple tasks with changing requirements while meeting commitments.
• Basic to intermediate knowledge of Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) programming.
• Intermediate database knowledge with regards to planning and creating database models.
• Familiarity with applying stochastic techniques into models.
Interested parties that meet or exceed the requested qualifications, please send a detailed resume and rate expectation to Erika Roden at ENR@BCPEngineers.com