[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Senior Electrical Engineer or Senior Electrical Designer
Summary of Position Duties
Electrical design position (engineer or designer) with a minimum of 15 years experience in the design, construction, checkout and commissioning of plant electrical power and plant power distribution systems in power and chemical plants, including 4160 volt and 480 volt power distribution. Position has primary responsibility for site electrical design, including preparation of electrical equipment specifications, as well as development of single line diagrams, elementary and wiring diagrams, layout and circuitry design and other working drawings as required for construction and maintenance in an operating plant environment. Related responsibilities include developing scope of work, developing cost estimates and schedules for assigned projects, writing requisitions and work orders, vendor design document review, bid evaluations and support of plant electrical and instrumentation maintenance group and onsite electrical construction group.
Job Experience and Education
Specific design experience in low and medium voltage switchgear and motor control centers required.
BS in Electrical Engineering preferred, with PE registration in electrical engineering. For designer, 2 or 4 year Technical Degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Extensive electrical equipment knowledge is required, including but not limited to low and medium voltage switchgear, motor controllers, protective relaying, transformers, motors, AC/DC variable speed drive systems, and uninterruptible power systems.
• Broad knowledge and application of the NEC (National Electric Code) and related industry codes and standards as applied to industrial facilities and electric power generating stations is required.
• Familiarity with in-plant electrical system protection preferred
• Experience with heat trace design required.
• Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot electrical problems in an operating plant environment is required.
• Experience gathering data and leading short circuit analysis and load studies is required.
• Experience taking projects from conception through commissioning and startup. Must be capable of managing small task force groups and coordinating projects with other disciplines.
• Knowledge and design experience with NFPA 497, 499, and NEC Article 500 Hazardous (Classified) Area Class 1, 2, Division 1 and 2
• Must be comfortable working as a subject matter expert and leading power discussions
• Candidate should demonstrate behaviors of Southern Style – Unquestionable Trust, Superior Performance and Total Commitment.
• Must perform well in a team environment and be highly motivated, with the desire and ability to learn new concepts and work with minimal supervision.
• Must have good interpersonal skills, as well as good oral and written communications. Ability to perform multiple projects simultaneously and to exhibit good time management and organizational skills is required.
• Experience with AutoCAD in development of electrical drawings is required.
• Experience with Plant 3D modeling is preferred.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications or demonstrated experience with similar computer applications is required.