[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Job Title: Electrical Engineer SR
Date Posted: 10/28/2022
Location: Birmingham, AL
Job Type: Contract Full-Time
Immediate 1 year position available in Birmingham, AL.
• 10 or more years of experience.
• Experience with transmission and substation electrical equipment dosing.
• Ability to apply detailed knowledge of electrical design principals & requirements, develop detailed scope of work documentation, perform field verification, design & drafting (AutoCAD) of industrial equipment/components such as SEL relays, breakers switchgear, motor control centers, programmable logic controllers, power panels, lighting, grounding, lightning protection, heat tracing, etc.
• Develop scopes, estimates, and schedules.
• Producing detailed electrical design drawings.
• Responsible for preparing electrical power system design including single line diagrams, elementary and wiring diagrams.
• Reviews vendor design documents to ensure conformance to design requirements.
• Assist with checkout and start up of systems when necessary.
• Proficiency in problem solving, analytical, and interpersonal/communication skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of the physical and circuitry aspects of electrical system design required.
• Proficiency with AutoCAD required.
• Knowledge of generators, batteries, transformers, excitation systems, governor control,
• Ability to work both as part of a team and independently.
• The individual should be able to handle complex and non-routine assignments with limited supervision.