[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Liberty Group, LLC is a nationwide provider of scaffolding and hoisting services in the commercial construction industry. We are seeking a Lead erector capable of managing and leading field crew to safely erect scaffold, swing stage, hoist access and shoring generated by our sales team.
Duties and responsibilities
· Responsible for all aspects of the safe erection and dismantle of all Access services and ensuring the accuracy of the materials, schedule, costs, are in line with field conditions.
· Work with the sales team to ensure the most accurate solution has been identified for the scope of work identified and determine the materials and hours needed for a competitive bid to be submitted.
· Must have the ability to anticipate possible issues with ongoing work and provide solution along with implementation strategy to avoid schedule and cost impacts.
· Lead a crew during all scaffold activities
· Lead a crew in hazard recognition, site preparation and the unloading, loading, and staging of all materials safely.
· Inspect scaffold for defects and or damage
· Training, Building, promoting, and developing field crews capable of erecting, dismantling, and altering all access services provided by Liberty Companies, LLC
· Ability to identify and process change order scopes to accurately manage the overall profitability of the project.
· Communicate with vendors where needed in support of job needs particularly when schedule may be impacted.
· Maintain and develop a positive working relationship with all customers and their project management teams.
· Ensure all Safety requirements for the company and the individual site are met and enforced to the highest standard.
· Assist in the tracking of maintenance and repair of motorized equipment.
· Must be able to safely and properly load scaffold trucks for transportation in accordance with DOT regulations.
· Three – Five years field experience in scaffolding, shoring, hoisting and crew management
· High School diploma
· Bi-Lingual in Spanish and English preferred but not a necessity
· Must have the ability to read, interpret, and accurately take-off construction drawings to generate accurate labor and material quotes.
· Basic math skills required
· Ability to work on feet for 8 hours and carry loads up to 100lbs
· Ability to work independently and safely
· Able to assist with maintaining and completing inspection logs and maintenance tickets for all required equipment.
· Basic knowledge of Microsoft office tools such as outlook, word, and excel
General site conditions for commercial construction
Working from height while implementing the use of fall restraint/arrest apparatus
While performing the duties associated with this role the team member will be frequently required to give direction through clear communication to crew members while also utilizing basic scaffolding tools. The team member is very frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crawl. The team member must regularly lift and or pull/push up to 75 pounds of scaffolding equipment while occasionally lifting up to 100 pounds of scaffolding equipment. This will include lifting above shoulders to facilitate the erection of scaffold, shoring and or swing staging and the loading of trucks. The team member must also be capable of performing duties while continuously wearing tool belt, harness, and all basic PPE required while performing the job duties.
Must have the ability to climb ladders, construction stairs, access stairs and work from height at the leading edge while utilizing fall arrest systems.