[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Lead Mechanical Commissioning Specialist
Omaha NE Area
System One is currently seeking a strong Lead Mechanical Commissioning Specialist to complete the start-up and commissioning of:
• 9 Reciprocating Engines
This position will require the ability to perform/supervise/document installation, testing, commissioning, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and operation of industrial process mechanical system, equipment, and piping during all commissioning and operational phases of the project.
Lead Mechanical Commissioning Specialist Responsibilities:
• Primary task will be to direct and report daily work for mechanical commissioning staff. Coordinate/direct vendors and subcontractors for equipment being checked out and commissioned
• The position requires good leadership, communication and supervision skills.
• Responsible for the proper evaluation of mechanical and piping system drawings. Being able to utilize mechanical drawings to complete all required tasks and provide corrections as necessary to ensure all drawings are updated for completeness, detail and accuracy. Checks manufactures prints and coordinates with project engineers drawings.
• Ability to work/create a project schedule and complete assigned daily work to achieve commissioning goals.
• Ensure all company policies are being followed by mechanical staff and team members.
• Ability to train and assist staff and team members in testing, commissioning, troubleshooting, operation and maintenance of the projects mechanical and piping systems.
• Practical knowledge of routine and precedent design and working knowledge of mechanical principles for application in solving problems. Extensive practical knowledge of mechanical operation and commissioning practices.
• Ensures all work is performed utilizing safe, reliable and appropriate technical skills to provide required results. May supervise several technicians and other personnel on assigned work.
• Responsible for providing detailed information and scheduling within areas of expertise to support the project.
• Strong computer and verbal skills is a must. May be required to attend and/or lead daily/weekly meetings with project team.
Lead Mechanical Commissioning Specialist Requirements:
• Associates degree in an electrical technology related curriculum or equivalent job related experience (two years of experience equals one year of college)
• Ten (10) years experience in mechanical commissioning of power plants.
• Steam blows, lube oil flushes
• Lead Mechanical – must have led a team, not just projects.
• Mechanical power plant experience
• Start date: ASAP
• Duration: 10 months plus
• Location: Omaha, NE area
• Mobilization and demobilization paid
• Per diem paid
• Weekly Pay
• Benefits after 30 days
• Long-term contract opportunity
System One maintains a drug-free workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.