Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Newport News
Country: United States
We are currently hiring sheet metal workers for a shipyard in VA.
Four years commercial/naval sheet metal experience as a first class Sheet Metal Worker in the installation of foundations, ventilation, bulkheads, shipboard furniture and sheet metal fabrication shop work.
1. Ability to comprehend complex ventilation assembly drawings, blueprints, and sketches to include weld symbols, material types, datum and reference lines.
2. Ability to comprehend fractional and decimal dimensions as with the use of a ruler.
3. Ability to layoff piece parts for fabrication and assembly.
4. Ability to assemble piece parts in accordance with specifications in a quality manner.
5. Experience working in a physically demanding environment.
6. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
7. Experience using small hand tools (electric drills, grinders, rivet guns), and shop equipment (drill press, press break, shears etc.).
8. Carbon Steel Fillet Welding (512) Qualification: Fillet Welding– single-pass (NAVSEA Technical Publication 39074-AQ-GIB-010/248).
Non Local (75 miles with proof)
$20 - $27 DOE
$80 per diem (8 hour days)
$100 per diem (10 hour days)
-Medical, Dental, Vision and Short Term Disability insurance is offered after 30 days.
-Paid Time Off after 60 days of continuous employment
124 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.