Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Newport News
Country: United States
Currently hiring Pipe Welders for a job in New Port News, VA.
Minimum five years commercial/naval experience
1. Multi-pass. All position fillet and butt welds using the SMAW (Shielded metal arc) process
2. Ability to fuse inserts and weld carbon steel, stainless steel and copper nickel pipe using the SMAW and GTAW (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding) processes
3. Ability to mirror weld using the SMAW and GTAW processes
4. Heating - Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch
5. Experience working in physically demanding environments (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
6. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
7. Ability to properly use fillet gauges, butt gauges, and a six inch scale.
Non Local (75 miles with proof)
$20 - $27 DOE
$80 per diem (8 hour days)
$100 per diem (10 hour days)
-Medical, Dental, Vision and Short Term Disability insurance is offered after 30 days.
-Paid Time Off after 60 days of continuous employment
-Referral bonus $500.00
181 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.