Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Newport News
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 23607
Minimum of five years commercial/naval experience
1. Multi-pass. All position fillet and butt welds using the SMAW (Shielded metal arc) process
2. Ability to fuse inserts and weld carbon steel, stainless steel and copper nickel pipe using the SMAW and GTAW (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding) processes
3. Ability to mirror weld using the SMAW and GTAW processes
4. Heating - Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch
5. Experience working in physically demanding environments (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
6. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
7. Ability to properly use fillet gauges, butt gauges, and a six inch scale.
1. All positions using the SMAW and GTAW processes
2. Thin wall sockets (Required for below 0.187 wall joints)
The Welding School will administer tests for the following qualifications:
1. Welders Vision Test (5 Minutes)
2. Visual Inspection of Welds Level I (4 Hours)
3. Pre-heat and Interpass (1 hour)
4. Fire Watch CBT 2 hours)
5. Torch Safety test and practical (3 hours)
6. Welding Qualification tests for: 503, 502, 541, 725, 506, 659, 556, 650, 664 and 557 (Testing will run approximately 2½ weeks).
Prior to performing work all welders must successfully pass the above tests and have a completed FORM 1429 and a statement of current maintenance on file with O37 Welding Engineering.
The Welding School will administer the fire watch training and test VIA computer based, and will also test and verify torch safety knowledge and practical demonstration of proper hook-up and shut down prior to certifying them as torch operators.
Required Safety Training / Qualifications:
Leased Labor Provider Company (LLPC) shall provide employees who have completed the following safety training and /or medical clearance. Leased Labor Provider Company shall provide documentation (copy of training, records, medical clearances, etc.) on Company Letterhead to client Environmental, Health and Safety Department (O27) for review and approval prior to assignment of employees to work at client.
All Personal Protective Equipment (PPE*) is to be provided by the Leased Labor Provider Company. All Personal Protective Equipment provided by the Leased Labor Provider Company shall meet the requirements of OSHA and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and /or as specified by Client.
1. Confined space trained in accordance with OSHA Standards 29 CFR 1915 Subpart B.
2. Hazard communication trained in accordance with OSHA Standard 29CFR 1915.1200 (1910.1200) (h) - (1) through (3) (iv).
167 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.