Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Newport News
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 23607
Reply to Recruiter via Text Msg: 3854190778
• 5 or more years of commercial/naval experience as a first class welder
• Experience working in a physically demanding environment. Candidates will be required to work in confined spaces both on board naval ships and in a shop environment. Candidates will also be required to climb up and down ladders and stairs.
• Multi-pass. All position fillet and butt welds using the SMAW (Shielded metal arc) process
• Ability to fuse inserts and weld carbon steel, stainless steel and copper nickel pipe using the SMAW and GTAW (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding) processes
• Ability to mirror weld using the SMAW and GTAW processes
• Heating - Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch
• Experience working in physically demanding environments (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
• Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
• Ability to properly use fillet gauges, butt gauges, and a six inch scale.
• All positions using the SMAW and GTAW processes
• Thin wall sockets (Required for below 0.187 wall joints)
The Welding School will administer tests for the following qualifications:
• Welders Vision Test (5 Minutes)
• Visual Inspection of Welds Level I (4 Hours)
• Pre-heat and Interpass (1 hour)
• Fire Watch CBT 2 hours)
• Torch Safety test and practical (3 hours)
• Welding Qualification tests for: 503, 502, 541, 725, 506, 659, 556, 650, 664 and 557 (Testing will run approximately 2½ weeks).
• Candidates must be available to work any day and any shift.
• They do run multiple shifts 7A-7A Monday through Sunday
• Candidates will be required to work overtime as well, working up to 20 hours of OT per week
• $50/HR with $108 per diem, must be outside of 50 mile radius
• 2 year contract
• Newport News, VA
To speak with the recruiter call (424)531-6084 or text (385)419-0778, ask for Josh
Please have your resume and 2 references ready
801 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.