Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Newport News
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 92103
If you are a Firewatch / Handyman with shipyard experience and want to work for a wonderful company...we have the job for YOU!
United Labor Group proudly services clients all across the Nation. We have an outstanding reputation for being an industry leader in providing skilled craftsmen to projects all across the United States. We offer consistent work, competitive benefits, top pay and professionalism. Join our team TODAY!
The Fire Watch is responsible for accomplishing work in accordance with NAVSEA Standard Item 009-07 and Occupational Safety and Health Administrations 29 CFR 1915.504 in a safe and professional manner.
• Assure that tank/compartment has an updated Marine Chemist Certificate or Competent Person Ticket and those requirements of the ticket have been met
• Assure that conditions of the tank/compartment have not changed since the ticket was written.
• Assure that tank compartment has HOT Work Chit posted with the correct location number and proper signatures.
• Assure you check for combustible material within 35 ft. of hot work in either the horizontal or vertical direction. If cannot be removed it should be protected with flame proof covers or otherwise shielded with metal.
• Assure that personal protective equipment is worn on the job site at all times.
• Assure that you establish communication procedures with Hot Work Operator to start and stop hot work in case of fire or emergency occurs.
• Assure that fire extinguishers are fully operational and within reach while hot work is in progress.
• Assure that you observe 30 minute cool down after completion of hot work.
• Assure that you attempt to extinguish the fire during incipient stage, notify your Hot Work Operator and if unable to extinguish the fire evacuate the space and notify the OOD on the quarter deck.
Health insurance (for you and your family)
Qualified candidates will have at least 1 year of experience as Firewatch, preferably within the Marine/Shipbuilding industry.
• Must be able to successfully clear a thorough criminal background check
• Must clear pre-employment DrugScreen
• OSHA Certified
ULGMarine is a skilled craft labor staffing company focused on workforce solutions for the Marine Industry from shipbuilding through repair. Our mission is simple: to build long term relationships between our clients and our employees through trust, integrity and being the best at what we do. With over 30 years' experience, our depth of knowledge and commitment to the Marine industry is surpassed by none.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
237 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.