Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 92103
If you are a Shipyard Competent Person with an OSHA Cert and want to work for a wonderful company...we have the job for YOU!
United Labor Group proudly services clients all across the Nation. We have an outstanding reputation for being an industry leader in providing skilled craftsmen to projects all across the United States. We offer consistent work, competitive benefits, top pay and professionalism. Join our team TODAY!
The Shipyard Competent Position Duties:
• Daily confined and enclosed inspections of vessels, vessel sections, piers, docks and buildings. Comply with and maintain Marine Chemist Certificates and Shipyard Competent Persons (SCP) logs of inspection and tests.
• Calibrate and use atmospheric testing equipment and interoperate results.
• Ensuring compliance with safety / health regulations, company policies and procedures, consensus standards, and customer requirements.
• Identifying and facilitating corrections of potential hazards, hazards and infractions, or ceasing operations until corrected.
• Areas of concern: life and safety codes, safe work practices, personal protective equipment, slips, trips, fall protections, fire prevention, confined and enclosed space entry, hazard communication standards and Global Harmonizing System, electrical safety, machine guarding, etc.
Required Skills and Education:
• Required Education. Current OSHA Maritime 10 Hour training, 24 Hour and
• 8 hour Shipyard Competent Person training
• Previous experience as a safety technician or inspector a plus.
• Ability to provide training to groups of various sizes.
• Perform evaluation and testing in various environments including but not limited to noise, illumination, atmospheric conditions (confined spaces), ensuring proper working environments are established and maintained.
• Knowledge and skills of computer use and programs using Microsoft Office programs Word, Excel.
• Populate and maintain department databases, archiving, report writing, maintaining files, etc.
• Previous maritime and / or military experience a plus but not required.
• Must be able to acquire and maintain Rapid gate OSHA Maritime Safety Training (10/30 hour) - provided if not certified
• Qualified candidates will have at least 1 year of experience and 8 hour Shipyard Competent Person training
• Must be able to successfully clear a thorough criminal background check
• Must clear pre-employment DrugScreen
• OSHA Certified
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Holidays
• Matching 401K program
• Hotel assistance
• Referral Bonuses
• Low Cost Health Insurance for you and your family
• Cash Advances
• Weekly direct deposit to your checking account or our easy and convenient rapid pay card
ULGMarine is a skilled craft labor staffing company focused on workforce solutions for the Marine Industry from shipbuilding through repair. Our mission is simple: to build long term relationships between our clients and our employees through trust, integrity and being the best at what we do. With over 30 years' experience, our depth of knowledge and commitment to the Marine industry is surpassed by none.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
230 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.