Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Newport News
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 23606
$50/110 with a $300 bonus paid after 30 days!!!!
If you are a Pipe Welder with shipyard/naval experience and want to work for a wonderful company...we have the job for YOU!
United Labor Group proudly services clients all across the Nation. We have an outstanding reputation for being an industry leader in providing skilled craftsmen to projects all across the United States. We offer consistent work, competitive benefits, top pay and professionalism. Join our team TODAY!
Minimum five years commercial/naval experience
1. Multi-pass. All position fillet and butt welds using the SMAW (Shielded metal arc) process
2. Ability to fuse inserts and weld carbon steel, stainless steel and copper nickel pipe using the SMAW and GTAW (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding) processes
3. Ability to mirror weld using the SMAW and GTAW processes
4. Heating - Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch
5. Experience working in physically demanding environments (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
6. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
7. Ability to properly use fillet gauges, butt gauges, and a six inch scale.
1. All positions using the SMAW and GTAW processes
2. Thin wall sockets (Required for below 0.187 wall joints)
The Welding School will administer tests for the following qualifications:
1. Welders Vision Test (5 Minutes)
2. Visual Inspection of Welds Level I (4 Hours)
3. Pre-heat and Interpass (1 hour)
4. Fire Watch CBT 2 hours)
5. Torch Safety test and practical (3 hours)
6. Welding Qualification tests for: 503, 502, 541, 725, 506, 659, 556, 650, 664 and 557 (Testing will run approximately 2½ weeks).
Prior to performing work all welders must successfully pass the above tests and have a completed FORM 1429 and a statement of current maintenance on file with O37 Welding Engineering.
The Welding School will administer the fire watch training and test VIA computer based, and will also test and verify torch safety knowledge and practical demonstration of proper hook-up and shut down prior to certifying them as torch operators.
• Must be a US Citizen
• Must pass 3 month hair follicle test
• Must pass a lifetime FELONY background and a 7 year MISDEMENOR criminal background check
• Must pass visual and hearing testing
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Holidays
• Matching 401K program
• Hotel assistance
• Referral Bonuses
• Low Cost Health Insurance for you and your family)
• Cash Advances
• Weekly direct deposit to your checking account or our easy and convenient rapid pay card
• $300 paid bonus after successful completion of a 30 day work period
ULGMarine is a skilled craft labor staffing company focused on workforce solutions for the Marine Industry from shipbuilding through repair. Our mission is simple: to build long term relationships between our clients and our employees through trust, integrity and being the best at what we do. With over 30 years' experience, our depth of knowledge and commitment to the Marine industry is surpassed by none.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
3725 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.