Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Newport News
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 23606
If you are a Pipe Fitter with shipyard experience and want to work for a wonderful company...we have the job for YOU!
United Labor Group proudly services clients all across the Nation. We have an outstanding reputation for being an industry leader in providing skilled craftsmen to projects all across the United States. We offer consistent work, competitive benefits, top pay and professionalism. Join our team TODAY!
Three (3) or more years as a marine, commercial nuclear, or petro/chem First Class Pipefitter.
• Must be a US Citizen
• Must be able to pass a 3 month hair follicle drug screen
• Must be able to pass a 7 year criminal background check
• Must be able to pass hearing and visual testing
Required Experience / Qualifications:
1. Able to read and interpret ship piping drawings.
2. Experienced fitting carbon steel, CRES, and copper nickel piping.
3. Ability to end prep piping by hand and/or with Wach or Portsmouth Machine.
4. Knowledge in installing pipe hangers.
5. Ability to read a ruler using inches and tenths.
6. Ability to prep and fit-up backing rings.
7. Ability to clean cut/break pipe with a grinder.
8. Ability to hand prep V bevels.
9. Experience in fabrication of various details and assemblies from drawings.
10. Ability to bend pipe from template and in the use of a hand bender.
11. Ability to fit welded sockets.
12. Ability to fit brazed joints with/without insert ring.
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Holidays
• Matching 401K program
• Hotel assistance
• Referral Bonuses
• Low Cost Health Insurance for you and your family)
• Cash Advances
• Weekly direct deposit to your checking account or our easy and convenient rapid pay card
• $300 bonus paid upon successful completion of a 30 day work period
ULGMarine is a skilled craft labor staffing company focused on workforce solutions for the Marine Industry from shipbuilding through repair. Our mission is simple: to build long term relationships between our clients and our employees through trust, integrity and being the best at what we do. With over 30 years' experience, our depth of knowledge and commitment to the Marine industry is surpassed by none.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
119 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.