Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: New Orleans
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 70094
If you are an ALUMINUM STRUCTURAL FITTER with shipyard experience and want to work for a wonderful company...we have the job for YOU!
United Labor Group proudly services clients all across the Nation. We have an outstanding reputation for being an industry leader in providing skilled craftsmen to projects all across the United States. We offer consistent work, competitive benefits, top pay and professionalism. Join our team TODAY!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Lays out and fabricates metal structural parts, such as plates, bulkheads, and frames and braces them in position within hull of ship for riveting or welding
• Lays out position of parts on metal, working from blueprints or templates using scribe and hand tools
• Locates and marks reference lines, such as center and frame lines
• Positions parts in relation to each other, using jacks, turnbuckles, clips, wedges and mauls
• Marks locations of holes to be drilled and installs temporary fasteners to hold part in place for welding or riveting
• Installs packing, gaskets, liners and structural accessories and member, such as doors, hatches, brackets and clips
• May prepare molds and templates for fabrication of nonstandard parts
• May tack weld clips and brackets in place prior to permanent welding
• May roll, bend, flange, cut and shape plates beams and other heavy metal parts using shop machinery, such as plate rolls, presses, bending brakes, and joggle machines
• Ability to interpret welding blueprints and perform layout for welding and fitting operations safely and efficiently use various hand and properly tools safely and efficiently use various welding and cutting tools
• Ability to weld with both wire feed and stick in any, and all positions
• Able to layout and position of parts on metal templates using scribes and hand tools
• Able to use large machinery such as a metal shear, metal brake and band saw
• Able to use welding equipment for tacking
• Must be able to fit up tolerances required by contract
• Familiar with and know where to reference required guiding directives per contract Read and interpret basic drawings, technical manuals and weld symbols.
Pass a pre- employment urinalysis
Must have at least 3-years' experience within the shipyard industry (5-years preferred)
Open-air conditions such as noisy, hot, cold, confined spaces. Must wear hearing, eye, head protection and proper PPE when required. Visits may require standing on a variety of surfaces and at differing angles, bending over, crouching and climbing up and over obstructions such as scaffolding, ladders, and internal barge and boat structural members.
Necessary Equipment Operation (Not Limited to):
• Blow torches, motorized cutting torches, pattern cutting torches and welding torches
• Gas welding or brazing or cutting apparatus', brazing equipment, Heli arc welding equipment, oxyacetylene welding equipment and portable gas operated arc welders
• Man lift or personnel lift, hydraulic truck lifts and swing stages
• Taps or dies
• Welding masks, hand shields and welding shields
• Workshop presses and brakes, drill presses portable magnetic drill presses and punch presses
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Holidays
• Matching 401K program
• Hotel assistance
• Referral Bonuses
• Low Cost Health Insurance for you and your family)
• Cash Advances
• Weekly direct deposit to your checking account or our easy and convenient rapid pay card
ULGMarine is a skilled craft labor staffing company focused on workforce solutions for the Marine Industry from shipbuilding through repair. Our mission is simple: to build long term relationships between our clients and our employees through trust, integrity and being the best at what we do. With over 30 years' experience, our depth of knowledge and commitment to the Marine industry is surpassed by none.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
106 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.