Minimum of five years commercial/naval experience
1. Multi-pass. All position fillet and butt welds using the SMAW (Shielded metal arc) process
2. Ability to fuse inserts and weld carbon steel, stainless steel and copper nickel pipe using the SMAW and GTAW
(Gas Tungsten Arc Welding) processes
3. Ability to mirror weld using the SMAW and GTAW processes
4. Heating - Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch
5. Experience working in physically demanding environments (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
6. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
7. Ability to properly use fillet gauges, butt gauges, and a six inch scale.
1. All positions using the SMAW and GTAW processes
2. Thin wall sockets (Required for below 0.187 wall joints)
The Welding School will administer tests for the following qualifications:
1. Welders Vision Test (5 Minutes)
2. Visual Inspection of Welds Level I (4 Hours)
3. Pre-heat and Interpass (1 hour)
4. Fire Watch CBT 2 hours)
5. Torch Safety test and practical (3 hours)
6. Welding Qualification tests for: 503, 502, 541, 725, 506, 659, 556, 650, 664 and 557 (Testing will run
approximately 2½ weeks).
Prior to performing work all welders must successfully pass the above tests and have a completed FORM 1429 and a
statement of current maintenance on file with O37 Welding Engineering.
The Welding School will administer the fire watch training and test VIA computer based, and will also test and verify
torch safety knowledge and practical demonstration of proper hook-up and shut down prior to certifying them as torch
203 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.