Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Newport News
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 23601
Must have DOD CLEARANCE
2-5 years’ experience in Heavy Rigging
Able to work onboard ship doing Heavy Lifting, Climbing, Bending and Confined Spaces.
1. Proper use Chain Hoists (1 ton to 40 tons)-Rig Steel Piping, Machinery where Cranes are not available.
2. Proper use of Wire Rope Lashing to Rig where lifting pads are not installed or available.
3. Knowledge of Weight Calculations, Center of Gravity
4. How to apply Rigging Gear (Chain Hoists, Shackles, Wire Ropes) to safely rig and move loads.
5. Knowledge of Rigging Knots, Splicing of Rope, Wire Rope Reeving and Seizing.
6. Experience in Rigging Loads From a Crane Hook to other Rigging Points inside a Structure or Building.
Contact Rick Strouse at 757-873-5900 ext. 140
14 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.