Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: Newport News
Country: United States
Riley Power Group (RPG) is seeking first- class Inside H3 Machinists for a long-term position in Newport News, Virginia. We offer benefits, per diem and a highly-competitive salary.
Minimum of five years’ experience as an inside machinist; preferably in marine, commercial nuclear or Petro-chem industries.
Skills & other Requirements:
1) Able to operate Conventional Boring Mill, CNC Vertical mill, Conventional Lathe, Conventional Turret Lathe, CNC lathe and TRAK Mill w/Proto trak Control and Conventional Engine lathe.
2) Read and interpret documentation (Work instructions and blueprints) for the setup of various machines.
3) Perform inspection of finished parts against established blue prints, schematics, and technical data provided.
4) Measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures.
5) Mount, install, align, and secure tools, attachments, fixtures, and work pieces on machines, using hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
6) Adjust machine feed and speed, change cutting tools, or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machines malfunction.
7) Modify cutting programs to account for problems encountered during operation and save modified programs.
8) Calculate machine speed and feed ratios and the size and position of cuts.
9) Write simple programs for cnc machine tools G code for Fanuc controls and Conversational programming for Proto trak controls.
10) Able to use macro’s for repetitive operations for the Fanuc controls. Understands geometry for different thread types (Acme, American standard).
11) Successful pass of all pre-employment screenings including: physical/ med quals, drug-screen and 7-year background check.
RPG is a specialty welding company led by a management team that has spent decades working in maintenance and construction. RPG has many industry contracts and relationships with a few common denominators: integrity, teamwork and safety. We are looking forward to hearing from you! To learn more or apply please upload your resume to our career portal www.rileypowergroup.com/career-portal or call our Staffing Department at (910) 420-6999 ext. 2.
132 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.