Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Newport News
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 23607
Six (6) or more years of experience in the operations of 600psi and above marine type boilers.
High School graduate or equivalent. Have the ability to work rotating shifts. The person must be highly motivated and work with limited supervision. Have the ability to read and interpret basic blue prints, technical specifications and operating manuals.
Required experience / Qualifications
1. Knowledge of the Basic Steam Cycle.
2. Knowledge of boiler water / feed water chemistry.
3. Safe operation of 600psi steam generation plants through all transient load changes and conditions.
4. Experience in the operation of automated boiler control systems. ( Console Operator)
5. Experience in the operation of burner management systems.
6. Experience in the operation of various types of pumps. (Positive displacement, centrifugal…)
7. Experience in the operation of all auxiliary equipment required to operate a closed loop system.
8. Experience in the operation and function of the different valve types. (Gate, globe, actuated, needle, diaphragm…)
9. Safe transfer of fuel oil from barge to shore based storage tanks.
10. Experience in the regeneration of grade “B” water systems.
11. Experience in the operation of mixed bed demineralizers.
Previous military training and experience in boiler plant operations and associated systems is a plus.
All Certifications must be submitted when submitting resumes.
About The Lee Group:
Leading people to Discover The Lee Group Difference for over 40 years…
The Lee Group serves a wide variety of clients ranging from small, start-up and emerging growth companies to Fortune 500 corporations. The Lee Group provides services on a local, regional and national level. We work with customers across all industries, providing solutions to their human capital needs. Whether you have the need for one or one thousand, The Lee Group is your solution!
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
11 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.