Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Newport News
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 23606
*****ALL QUALIFIED CANDIDATES PLEASE CLICK LINK BELOW TO APPLY*****
One year of experience as a Fire Watch. Required Skills:
1. Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
2. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
Qualification: A Fire Watch will be required to pass the Fire Watch training class administered by the NNS Welding school.
Required Safety Training / Qualifications: Leased Labor Provider Company (LLPC) shall provide employees who have completed the following safety training and /or medical clearance. Leased Labor Provider Company shall provide documentation (copy of training, records, medical clearances, etc.) on Company Letterhead to Newport News Environmental, Health and Safety Department (O27) for review and approval prior to assignment of employees to work at Newport News. All Personal Protective Equipment (PPE*) is to be provided by the Leased Labor Provider Company. All Personal Protective Equipment provided by the Leased Labor Provider Company shall meet the requirements of OSHA and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and /or as specified by Newport News.
1. Confined space trained in accordance with OSHA Standards 29 CFR 1915 Subpart B.
2. Hazard communication trained in accordance with OSHA Standard 29CFR 1915.1200 (1910.1200) (h) – (1) through (3) (iv).
3. Respirator trained and qualified. A Respirator Medical Clearance Examination as required by a Physician. The Respirator Training and Fit Testing will meet the requirements of Standard 29CFR1910.134 and each individual shall be trained in a negative-pressure type respirator, MSA COMFO CLASSIC (with MSA approved vapors and dust filter cartridges to be provided for them respirators by the LLPC). Newport News requires the use of a MSA COMFO CLASSIC Respirator only (approximate weight 12 oz.). Daily use of respirator may occur.
4. Fall Protection/4-D Body Harness-Vertical & Horizontal Lifelines-Beam Clamp trained and qualified in accordance with the following OSHA Regulations; 29CFR1915.159, 29CFR1915.71 (j) (3), 29CFR1915.73 (d), and 29CFR1915.77 (c). Newport News highly recommends the vest-donning type of body harness instead of the step-into-type body harness, with D-Ring in the back. Individuals must be trained (which includes having donned the body harness and demonstrated practical use of the vertical & horizontal lifelines and beam clamp) with the same type fall protection equipment that they are expected to wear on Newport News premises or on off-site Newport News work locations. Body Harness and Vertical & Horizontal Lifelines and Beam Clamps Systems shall comply with the requirements of ANSI Z359.1.
5. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE*) training in accordance with OSHA Standards 29CFR 1915 Subpart I and Hearing Conversation 29CFT 1910.95 (i) (j) (k) (l).
6. Non-prescription and prescription safety glasses must be of the type approved by Newport News and on the Newport News selection chart. A copy Newport News’ approved eyewear chart will be provided to the Leased Labor Provider Company upon request.
7. Hard Hats must be WHITE in color with the Leased Labor Provider Company’s name and the individual's last name on the front of the hard hat. All Leased Labor personnel engaged in Welding must wear either the Fiber Metal Type 1 Class C or the MSA Skullgard Class A Hard Hat only.
8. Hearing protection must be of the muff type (banded or mounted) and must have been trained on their use. Newport News uses the Bilson Leightning (model L1N).
9. Hearing protection must be of the muff type (banded or mounted)
10. Foot protection must be 8” safety boots or leather safety shoes w/spats.
11. Coveralls must be flame resistant with long sleeves.
12. Audiometric testing which documents proof of individual worker’s hearing function. The Leased Labor Provider Company shall ensure those individuals performing audiometric testing meet requirements listed in OSHA Regulation 29CFR1910.95 (g) (3) and that the audiometric test results are fully explained to each individual by the testing firm. The individual shall sign the test reports as proof of having received verbal communication of the test results.
13. The physical work effort expected is demanding. The temperature and humidity extremes that may be encountered are the result of ambient temperature and humidity levels in the work area.
14. Hexavalent Chromium medical examinations and clearances. * PPE training means general requirements, eye and face protection, head protection, foot protection, hand and body protection, hearing protection and body harness-personal fall arrest systems (PFAS) and position device systems.
208 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.